Isaac is slowly learning how to control his terrible two temper tantrums. Our little boy is growing up you could say. But, there is one thing he still does when he's in one of his "moods" that I just have to write down for memory's sake.
This is how our conversations can often go:
Me: Isaac you need to come over here and sit down and eat your lunch.
Isaac: No.
Me: Did you hear what I said, you need to come over here right now.
Isaac: No I not!! I need to OBEY! (He usually emphasizes the word obey with great forcefulness.)
A year ago we began teaching him that it is important to obey mommy and daddy and that if he doesn't obey consequences happen if you know what I mean.
And here's how our conversation went a few days ago.
Me: Isaac, go clean up your cars.
Isaac: No!
Me: You need to change your attitude, be happy, and clean up your mess.
Isaac: No! I need to OBEY! I need to obey...GOD!
And suddenly, using his perfect two year old whiny voice, he says,
"I want God to come to Mommy's house... I want God....I want him"
Oh, this child keeps me smiling. Even when he's whiny. Well, sometimes.:)
He also knows how to keep another girl laughing throughout the day...
.
Constantly.
And speaking of this little girl, she continues to enjoy the world around her.
I can't believe she will be five months old in a week. I thought I just gave birth to her...
She reminds me so much of Isaac in a lot of ways and not just in looks.
I went to Bible Study this morning and as I picked Savannah up from the nursery on my way out the sweet nursery worker said to me, "she sure likes to talk a lot doesn't she." Where as I quickly responded with, "you haven't met my son have you?"
Hmmm...I don't really consider Savannah to be a big talker. Let's face it, her brother talks enough for all of us. But I guess I have to face the reality that I may have TWO big talkers in the house one day soon.
Lord, help me.
No really...help me.
Oh I'm just kidding with ya. I love talkers, really I do. :)
Let's just hope it doesn't include conversations about tractors, trucks, cars, or balls. I need more girly in my life. :)
I love my little stinker.




2 comments:
I love those two sweeties!! How amazing that Isaac already speaks of obeying God whether he fully understands it or not. Thank you for showing him God's love in your home as you teach him discipline and obedience. I love you four so much!! Please give my sweetie pies a big hug and kiss from CC.
So, cute! Ok, our kids would so get along :) Sterling talks non-stop and Ann Elizabeth seems to be following in his footsteps too! And maybe some of that "I need to OBEY" will rub off on Sterling. He knows he NEEDS to obey; he just doesn't WANT to. Or he says he is when he really is not. "I am cleaning up, Mommy," when he is really playing. We have added always telling the truth to our list of things we are working on!
Post a Comment