Monday, December 19, 2011

Why, momma, why???

I knew the time would come but maybe I wasn't prepared for it like I thought I would be.
The season of "why's."
Well, to be honest, it's not all about asking why something is the way it is...it's more the continual question asking and constant talking that really takes place in our household these days.

 Constant.  Talking.

We will be driving throughout town and you can hear him from the back saying, "what dat, momma, what dat??"  And sometimes I find myself saying, I just don't know Isaac.  But this usually doesn't suffice him.
If we pass a wooded area in the car you can hear him say, "Momma? Isaac get lost in woods, and I say 'where my mommy' and my mommy say 'where my isaac'...and on and on he goes.  I really don't know what goes on in his 2.5 year old brain.

So, this post is dedicated to my little man.  And I thought I would jot down a few things that Isaac says all the time so I can remember them for the sake of his rehearsal dinner, or something like that.

These days he's very curious about the particular sex of something.
"Momma? is that a giggle or a boy?"
"Momma, is Percy a giggle?"
"Is Toby a boy?"


"Momma?  Do you have a wee wee?"

I'm not prepared for this, I think.

He loves to make 'coffee' for me every day by taking out every measuring spoon I own and pretending to brew me a perfect batch.


"You like some coffee?" He asks.


And I usually respond the same way every time and sip my coffee and exclaim, 'Isaac! this is the most delicious coffee I have ever put in my mouth!!'  And then we take another swig together.



If you're ever in need for a pick-me-up...Isaac's imaginary coffee is the best in town I assure you.

The other day we were reading a book and there was a picture of a cactus in a desert.  I pointed out the cactus to him and he responded with, 'Momma, I kinda don't like cactin.  Cactin kinda carey.' (That's 'scary' in toddler language.)


If I come home from the grocery store or any store for that matter while Steven has been watching the kids, Isaac asks, 'Momma, what you got for me?'

Multiple times a day he will ask me for chocolate.  "I neeeed chock-it," he tells me.

Don't we all, little buddy, don't we all.
Lately, I've seen him crawl around on the floor making high pitched moaning noises and carrying things in his mouth.
He says he's a baby.


Whenever I put on a dress he tells me to dance.
"Momma, why you look so cute?  Dance momma, dance."
And then I have to twirl for a moment so my dress will puff up just so.


If I say to him that we are going anywhere...school, bible study, church, etc.  he responds with "Let's do dat.  Dat be fun, momma."


Oh this boy.

He keeps me laughing....oh, and talking.
As much as I enjoy a good quiet drive from time to time, I am loving the many questions I get from my soon to be three year old in the back seat.  And the many questions I get everywhere we go.

And not to mention, one little giggle is constantly entertained by him.



And speaking of giggles, Savannah is doing great as well.  Thankfully she can't ask questions yet.
Yet.


She would much rather chew on her doll.




Poor thing has been sick the entire week with a bad bad cold.



Thankfully she's still smiling and jumping.

That's all for now.  I hope everyone is enjoying their Christmas week!
I better put my camera away before flying bunnies come after me.  Dat be fun, let's do dat.

4 comments:

Carol Sprayberry said...

I love this post!! Thank you for documenting his little comments and questions. You need to get the flip camera and videotape him too for posterity. Love you and can't wait until Wednesday!

Bethany Vaughn said...

So cute!! Sterling was looking at the pictures with me and asked "Who is that?" I told him Isaac. The first thing he said is, "He grew up!" I was a little confused because he has seen Isaac's picture before then I decided he is confused thinking this is Abraham's baby Isaac. After I explained that it isn't Abraham's baby, but he indeed did grow up, too, he asked, "Is he my friend?" I said, "Yes he can be your friend even though I don't think you have met before." He said, "He can be my pretend friend!" That's sad they need to get together before y'all are off at the beach, or maybe when you guys come to visit the lake.

Sandra White said...

Special days and precious memories!

Kelly said...

So cute!!! Hudson & I enjoyed those pics! :)