Well, if it hadn't been for my mother this morning this blog post would have never been in existence.
You know you're losing a lot of blog followers since you don't post anymore she told me very matter-of-factly.
I know she's got a point.
But then I remembered that I didn't created this blog for just you blog followers in the first place, but also for me, and my book of memories from years gone by. Of course you know I love to keep you updated on our mundane lives if you allow me to and maybe even make you chuckle every now and then...but I also need this blog. I need it to collect the memories. I need it for my creative outlet. I need it for my own sanity. To give you a little entertainment in your day. A small ticket into the outside world as I stay inside most days taking care of little ones. And most days life seems pretty monotonous and often chaotic and I think to myself how on earth am I ever going to blog again?? But then I remember...life doesn't slow down and it won't get any easier. So why not just try to get the camera out more and try to capture these memories that are passing me by way too fast, because they do go by ever so quickly.
To be honest, since we moved here, I haven't felt like blogging much. Our rental house is awfully dark and taking pictures in a house with no natural light just does nothing for me. My shots always seem blurry and the lighting is always dark and orange-like. The kids are never in cute clothes unless we go somewhere and my house is always a wreck. Oh yeah, and I have that newborn that takes up some much needed time. But, I realized I can make excuses all day long and I just can't not take pictures of my growing babies and our "boring" life that I'll soon forget...and miss. And really, who wants to always see the "perfect" pictures of families anyway?? Not me. I like real life...and as you know, real funny.
So...all this to say my friends...starting in the month of January I am going to make a better effort and post every.single.day. My goal is only for the month of January...but I thought one month might get me more in the habit of blogging more. We'll see. I'm not sure if this made any sense whatsoever but it made perfect sense in my tiny, sleep deprived brain. ;)
For now, let's just focus on today shall we.
This little bug in a rug and her 2 month birthday!
This one is a sweetie pie.
She can make me want another baby right away...
...and then the next second, never ever want another baby again.
Not because she's not the cutest thing on the planet, because she is, but because she's been a toughy.
Thankfully we still love her like nobody's business.
And so does one older brother.
Who says, Lillian tink I'm her bess fwiend.
And he may be right.
She thinks he hung the moon.
And why wouldn't she I ask you?
Who wouldn't be entertained by this guy and his terrible terrible grown out haircut??
Yes it's true, little Lillian is 2 months old today and I honestly would have forgotten to post this monthly milestone if my conversation with mother dearest had not taken place. So, thanks for the reminder momsy. ;)
Lillian's 2 month stats are as followed:
Weight: 11.5 pounds (70th percentile)
Height: 22.5 inches (60th)
Head: 15
She's a growing girl.
I can't believe how big she's getting and how alert she is.
Plus I think we are slowly getting out of the colicky symptoms (hallelujah, amen, amen, amen amen.) I mean who would think this happy little face could turn into such a little ball of fussiness?? Come on over around six tonight and I'll show ya how.
But like I said, she IS growing out of it. THANKFULLY!!
Speaking of growing out of.
This little one is slooowly growing out of her mullet.
Oh who am I kidding folks. She's still got the business in the front and party in the back.
But thankfully is loved by big brother too.
The kids have been sick this week so it's been a rough one and also another reason amongst many that I haven't blogged. We are on the mend though...so glad.
This one had it the worst.
So glad she's still smiling with a nasty cold.
Well, that about sums up our week. Kids sick, Lillian turning two months, and Christmas shopping in full gear.
Until next time...




1 comments:
Thank you so much for the adorable pictures of our adorable babies!! So glad you listened to Mother Dearest and took heed. I faithfully check everyday just in case the blog bug bites. Looking forward to your "New Year's Resolution" for blogging. Love you five and cannot wait to see you again in person!!!!
Love, CC
Post a Comment