Friday, April 12, 2013

Easter 2013

It's true, we're ALIVE!


I can honestly say moving has kicked my bootay.  There hasn't been one second where I felt like I could sit down, relax, and update the blog.  So what have I been up to?  Oh ya know....unpacking!!  Unpacking during nap time, unpacking after the kids go to bed...see a theme here?  I literally can't unpack when the kids are awake.  It's pure chaos I tell ya.  Chaos.

We are loving our new house and it took the kids all but one night to get used to their new rooms and layout.  Isaac chose to sleep with me the first night because he was frightened to be alone in his new room, but now he goes to sleep in there with ease.  Well, I'm not telling the whole story--he gets up almost every night in the middle of the night to sleep in my bedroom.  Does anyone else's four year old do this? I'm sure I was the same way.

We moved on the Saturday before Easter Sunday and it was my true intention to take plenty of pictures of the entire process but as always I just didn't get around to it.  Not surprising. 
However, I was determined to get my camera out the following day and thankfully, prevailed.
I will admit though that I am thoroughly disappointed in myself for not getting a family picture of the five of us in all our Easter get up and garb.  Again, it was my intent but every single time I wanted to someone was having a melt down...I'm sure this included the adults too.;)

Easter was special this year as we celebrated our risen Savior in a new home...and I don't mean our new house.  Fairhope is slowly becoming like home to us and we are most thankful for that.  It helps when you have a community of welcoming friends in a city to really make you feel close to settled.  This was our first Easter not to be with family.  We definitely missed our families without a doubt but God is so good to answer one of our prayers moving here and that was to find friends very soon after moving here that felt just a little like family.

We celebrated the risen Christ at our church that morning then went over to a friend's house for Easter lunch and a cute little egg hunt for all of the kids.  I'm furious I didn't get a picture of Savannah in her Easter dress--she took it off to eat lunch and forcefully refused to put it back on for the egg hunt.


You pick your battles folks.


Isaac looks thrilled doesn't he. ha.

So I forced him to give me a smile.


Lillian sat the egg hunt out this year but didn't seem to mind.  All she wanted was a bite of those chubby toes.


You can't have a proper egg hunt until you force lots of kids to take a picture before they start.





Miss Priss led the way...









Here's a picture of the mommies at the party I "stole" from my friend, Laura, and her cute blog.


It was a great afternoon and the kids were not happy when we had to leave.


I tried to explain all the unpacking I had to do but that just doesn't fly with kids.  Who knew.

I did manage to get a picture of baby girl in her Easter finest when we arrived home from the party.  She was happy to model her dress and bonnet for me...even if her daddy said she looked like a little muffin when we left for church.


But she's the cutest little muffin that I ever did see.







Happy Easter everyone!!  I'm thankful we can celebrate a RISEN Savior EVERY SINGLE DAY!

1 comments:

Cameron said...

Haha I love the pic of naked savanna creepin' in the background.