Tuesday, July 08, 2008

It's a...BABY!!


We found out on May 28th that we are going to have a baby! We are absolutely thrilled!! And thanks to Katie Compton continuously reminding me to update my blog, I'm doing it today.
Needless to say, it was a big surprise to us. I got off birth control in January 2007 so that we could try for pregnancy but found that my periods were very irregular (as they always were before birth control). i would sometimes go 75 days without having one so we knew it would be difficult to track temperature, ovulation, etc.
We went to the doctor this past February and he put me on clomid for ovulation purposes. It didn't work out for me to take it until the first of May so I took it for the first time and BAM, we are having a baby! Steven and I know it is in God's perfect timing and are so excited. All last year I prayed for His timing and I am so glad he waited until now to allow us this little miracle. We will be close to home this year and close to family and friends to share this with.
I am a little over 10 weeks. We had a sonogram before I left Bradenton and everything looked great. We saw the little heartbeat and our little peanut, we call IT. I will be glad when we know the sex so we don't have to keep calling it IT, or "the kid" as Steven likes to impersonally called the baby.:)
We will be sure to keep everyone updated and can't wait to post pictures in February. There may even be some belly pictures on the way....on the far off way...right now you would just see my fat bulging over my jeans.
We would appreciate it if you could remember to keep us and our little one in your prayers!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kimmie
Congrats!!! I am so excited for you both and can't wait to tell Trent. Having a baby is the best thing ever!!! Besides getting married, of course.
Mallory

The Burgess Family said...

Yeahhh for a baby Sprayberry. Kelly was here a few weeks ago and she told me the good news. I'm so excited for you guys. You are going to love being parents. Don't get me wrong, it has it's challenges, but it's wonderful! Hope to see you guys soon.

Kelly said...

Yeah for Peanut! We love ya'll!

Chandler said...

Kimmie
Congrats! Babies are such miracles. I am thrilled for you!

katie said...

its about time... :) and don't be saying i FINALLY updated mine - you are worse than me! glad you are spreading the good news... can't wait to meet little earl or kaitlen. haha! love you

Deb said...

Hey Kimmie!! I found your blog through Ashley. Congrats on the big news! I'm so excited for ya'll! How much fun ya'll have coming your way! Looking forward to the coming posts. Congrats again!!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Congratulations Kimmie and Stephen! I'm so excited for y'all!
Rachel Norris

The Reeds said...

Kimmie, Congratulations!! I found your blog through Ashley's or Chandler's and was so excited to read the great news! I am going to put you on my Google Reader list:)

Sarah Beth said...

Congrats Kimmie that is so exciting!!! I am glad I found your blog. I hope we can get together soon!!!

Jennifer Hornsby said...

kimmie!
How exciting! We are so thrilled for you! What a wonderful blessing from the Lord.
About the clomid, we had the exact same thing happen with us...both times. I went on clomid and the first month, BAM, we were pregnant! It's such a blessing and God's timing is so perfect!

Jennifer Hornsby said...

kimmie!
How exciting! We are so thrilled for you! What a wonderful blessing from the Lord.
About the clomid, we had the exact same thing happen with us...both times. I went on clomid and the first month, BAM, we were pregnant! It's such a blessing and God's timing is so perfect!

Shea said...

Hey Kimmie! I just found your blog! Congratulations! We did the same thing with Clomid! And, I'm pregnant again except this time was a little surprise! Completely different than the first time around! Hope you're feeling good!

Bethany Vaughn said...

We are so excited for y'all! I know what you mean about not wanting to call your sweet little baby IT. I laughed so hard when I read that about Steven calling it "the kid." My sweet husband also will kindly refer to our child as "the kid" on occasion. I bet it is something they both got from their fathers. It sounds like a Steve/Barry thing to say! But thankfully we found out today that we are having a boy. So no more IT and hopefully no more the kid! I hope y'all can find out soon.