Saturday, December 13, 2008

Steven Isaac Sprayberry

Well, we FINALLY have a name! So that means, I can finally monogram things...:) As you can see from the title, the name we have chosen for our little boy is going to be Steven Isaac. We are going to call him Isaac. It took us literally what seemed like forever to finally settle on a name.

Most of you know I had my heart set on Steven Earl Sprayberry III and calling him Tripp. However, Steven didn't really want a third, and I had to finally come to accept that.:) Steven has loved the name Graham all this time so it was going to be between Isaac and Graham but this time Isaac obviously won out. I told Steven if we have another boy we will name it Graham.:)

You know, I have never really been that excited over Bible names (i know that sounds bad...i promise, i am a Christian. ha!). But, for some reason I have really liked the idea of Isaac. Isaac means "he laughs" according to the Bible. To be honest, I think we are still having to get used to a name finally and I have to just keep telling myself to just stick to something and not keep re-thinking it. We are definitely excited! Oh, this is kinda neat. We did find out that Steven's great great grandfather was named Isaac Sprayberry so maybe it was just meant to be...:)

I am feeling great by the way. Definitely getting more uncomfortable as the days go on but nothing to complain about. Sleeping is not too fun, getting too full after meals makes me have a hard time breathing:), and my ankles are starting to swell when i'm up all day. But, besides that not too bad. I CANNOT believe i am already 33 weeks! I feel like this last part of pregnancy is going by pretty fast...I'm sure I'll be changing my mind come January though.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas season! Having a little boy inside my belly this month continues to remind me of what Mary must have felt like when she was pregnant with Jesus. It must have been an amazing feeling!!

5 comments:

Matt and Naomi O'Reilly said...

Yay! I love his name! I'm so excited to be able to call him something...I know you guys are too. Isaac and Patrick will have so much fun together!!

TBG said...

that is precious. isaac is a lovely name :) i'm glad to hear your great attitude despite the lack of sleep and swelling. good for you! i hope i will be so chipper and positive one day when i'm pregnant :) haha. hope you and steven are well and know you are so glad to finally have a name for that sweet baby!

Deb said...

Perfect name! I love it!! you look so great by the way. your dress you had on this morning looked super cute on you. you are definitely one cute prego girl! :)

Josh and Lauren said...

Love the name! I'm sure Clayton and Issac will have many cousin adventures...hopefully not a Mission Impossible video :) Hang in there...the swelling is not fun but is well worth it in the end. Merry Christmas!

THE KEEVERS said...

love the name lady! you know...josh's youngest brother's name is isaac...everyone calls him ike. but anyway, i LOVE it...i mean, it's no neville longbottom...but whatever--i'll get over it and so will harry. haha