What a stud!
16.9 pound (80%)
26.5 inches (95%)
hc 17
Steven and I can't believe how fast our baby has grown! I feel like I was just holding him in my arms as a newborn watching him sleep. He's not sleeping that much anymore...:) But, I'm not complaining one bit--I wouldn't trade sleep for anything right now! Because he's such a growing boy I have been supplimenting formula a little bit at night before he goes to bed. I have just been breastfeeding until now (for all those that wanted to know that:)) but we decided to start him on rice and formula some. Tonight we tried feeding him from a spoon for the first time and it was a sight to see. Hilarious! It's so funny to me how we come out of the womb not knowing how to swallow naturally when a solid texture enters our mouth. We will try to feed him cereal one time everyday just to get him used to the stuff.
He is still not sleeping through the night. I am sure some of you "Baby Wise mothers" are shocked by that statement. ha! I put him down at 8 and he still tends to wake up around 2:30 or so wanting more food. And I know...I SHOULD let him cry I suppose...but to be honest, I guess I kind of enjoy those times with him in the wee morning hours. And I know that this will not be forever. No...I'm not going to go into his room when he is 14 years of age at 3 in the morning just to rock him.:) But, for now, I don't want to complain. This is such a sweet time, and like I said above...I wouldn't trade it for anything...
I leave you with a cute little video of Isaac's first feeding. Sorry it's sideways. I know how annoying that can be.


"ummmm...I'm not sure about this stuff Dad. It's very pasty..."




4 comments:
Hey Kimmie! I know I havent seen you in forever, but I wanted to say Hey and let you know I love your blog! We have a little one that is about to be 6 months old and I wanted to tell you that I went through the same thing with him waking up about 2 or 3 oclock every night wanting to eat. He started doing it religiously at about 4 months old (right about the time we did rice cereal). We added a jar of baby food to his dinner while we were feeding him the cereal and he started sleeping better again. I think he was just so hungry and it sounds like Isaac might be the same way! Sorry! I hate how everyone gives me their opinions on what to do with babies, but when it comes to sleep I usually dont mind a little suggestion!! Like you said though, those middle of the night moments are so sweet!!
Jill Baker Pulfrey
good posts, kimmie!
don't be discouraged about the sleeping. baby wise didn't work for wyatt either and he didn't sleep through the night until he was seven months old. just remember every baby is different...and you will miss those wee hours feedings when they're gone. it's such a precious time between mother and child!
We were very lucky to have Ethan sleeping through the nights (8pm-4amish) by about 8 weeks. He turns one year old this week. Its so hard to believe it! He actually woke up at about 2am the other night. I went to check on him and was able to sit with him and rock him back to sleep. I was just sitting there thinking about when he was a newborn and had to shed a few tears. I feel the same way you do about those middle of the night moments. I wouldn't trade them for anything! I loved them and still do!!!!
thanks for all the advice girls! very helpful.:)
Post a Comment