So, this post is a little late but I know I would be really upset with myself if I forgot to talk about my sweet baby boy and his 5 month birthday. I want to use this blog as a scrapbook for myself, like so many mothers do, and that is why I am trying to keep up with the months.
Like the title of the post reads, Isaac is 5 months old. It is always hard to believe when he turns one month older...where does the time go?? seriously! I was rocking him tonight before I put him down to sleep and thinking that his half birthday is almost here and if it has gone this quickly so far...he is going to soon be one, then two, then three, then TEN!! and on, and on, and on. Now I know why mothers get so emotional when their child graduates, gets married, etc. You just can't believe how fast they grow up! sniff, sniff.
I know I say this all the time, but he really does continue to be more fun by the day. Some things he can do now are:
--roll over both ways (It is very nice he can do this now, but then again it gets kinda annoying
because I have to watch him more carefully these days)
--sleeps through the night (well, actually he just started doing it THIS week. Let's hope it stays.
I'm not getting my hopes up yet. I put him down at 8 and he wakes
up around 5:30. I know some of you are thinking... 5:30!!!! But this
is glorious to me!
--his face lights up when he hears me or daddy
--likes the first 5 minutes of "Praise Baby" but then just gets scared when they show anything
with a bright neon color on the screen. Strange I know.
--Still LOVES LOVES LOVES his bath time. I bathe him every night for a little night time
routine in his life. I highly recommend this to new mothers.
--he is teething like crazy!
--he likes to claw our faces off when we hold him or bite into our shoulder. not because he is
being mean :) but because he can't sit still for a moment and likes to grab things with those
nails.
Steven started his residency this past week. He worked Wednesday night and works tonight as well. I would post a picture of him leaving the house on his first day with his monogrammed scrubs on....buuuttt, his exact words were, "The ONLY way you can take this picture is if you promise not to put it up on that blog of yours." So, sweetie dear...I have kept my promise and I invite everyone to imagine in their heads what Steven were to look like when trying to leave for work in a hurry and me stopping him to take a picture. Maybe he will let me post it one of these days.:) :)
Here are a few pictures of the love of our life! I thought I would do a little tribute to Alabama while I was at it with all the elephants in the pictures! Isaac is SO ready for football season. I think he has already saying his first words...I heard him from the crib the other day saying something like "Sossin." I think he was trying to say "Saban."
hehe
The many faces of Isaac....
We love you so much little buddy and couldn't imagine our lives without you!!!




3 comments:
I found a link to your blog from Katie's blog. Isaac is so precious! I just got an outfit for Anna to wear this fall for football games too. We will have to get the babies together to cheer on Alabama. I hope Steven's first few nights in the ER are going well. Todd's in the ER this month too. Let me know if you need anything. ER wives have to stick together :) -Robin
Kimmie, I LOVE the monogrammed elephant outfit! Where is it from? I would love to get Owen one for the first few HOT football games. He has tons of Alabama stuff but I think he will have outgrown all of it by September. Isaac is so cute!
I love all of his expressions! Cute outfit too!
Post a Comment