Wednesday, October 21, 2009

October...

is almost over! And on to November...

hmmmm...what we've been up to lately.
I've been sewing....I finally learned how to sew on a sewing machine last week, so I decided to make pillow covers for the couch. I was please how they turned out however, I wish I had praticed a little first. Now that I know how to do it I could have put a ruffle or trim around the pillow...but oh well. I guess they will have to do like this. oh, the yellow one is from pottery barn so i didn't make that one.I finally finished the topiary trees. They turned out okay. I've seen prettier...:) but, they will do for now.We've been carving some pumpkins. Well, not really carving. Just sticking a apple corer in them and making poka dots.I've been making more wreaths. I thought I should have something on my front door and since I can't afford to buy one (the story of our lives right now) I just thought I would buy some dried flowers from good ole' hobby lobby for a few dollars. Maybe I can change out the ribbon and stick some red holly in it for christmas.We've done a lot of playing outside in the lovely fall weather.

Well, thats pretty much whats going on in our lives the past week. Of course besides cooking, cleaning, sleeping, hanging out with daddy when he's finally home, running errands, going to church, teaching drama kids, and watching bama football....

Little buddy will be 9 months in a little less than a week. He is acting so much older lately. Even his laugh is sounding older to me. He is scooting everywhere on the floor and loves to get on his hands and knees and rock back and forth. I have a feeling there will be some crawling taking place in the near future. Oh goodness....I better get prepared...

Thats all for now. Maybe I'll have something a little more interesting to talk about next time besides my home decorating. ha!

6 comments:

katie said...

you're so domestic now! and i can't believe how fast isaac grows up!!! love you.

The Brannens said...

You need to change the name of your blog to "Martha Stewart in-the-making!" You are so creative! I love all your ideas and that little Issac is adorable!

Carol Sprayberry said...

Kimmie, I am so proud of you and your love of "home and hearth." We have all known of your creativity, and you are now demonstrating multiple talents. I love it all. (But not as much as I love the three of you!!)
CC

THE KEEVERS said...

LOVE all of your crafty projects! i'm so inspired...maybe i can make some of my Christmas decorations...we'll see. haha.

Bethany Vaughn said...

I love those polka-dotted pumpkins so much, I dotted a couple of mine after seeing these pictures.

Jason and Laura Brantley said...

i am very impressed with your pillows and think you did a great job!!