Saturday, March 06, 2010

Doughnuts are yummy

I'm afraid this mishap with our laptop has taken a toll on my blogging rhythm lately. That and Steven's week of vacation. And don't worry about my cold fingers and toes as I type in the guest room (i know you were), it has actually warmed up considerably due to warmer weather outside. Imagine what my blogging will be like this summer when it's actually pleasant to be in this little room! Oh dear, I hope it won't be too hot then! Steven says I can be high maintenance sometimes. I don't know what he is talking about...





Like I said before, Steven had a week of vacation time this past week. Two words--MUCH NEEDED. We went to the beach for 5 days while my parents so graciously kept little buddy for us! I missed him like crazy and even cried when giving him up, but the time together with the hubby was oh so relaxing and wonderfully perfect. Unfortunately the weather wasn't warm enough to lay out or swim but that didn't stop us from getting in the hot tub!






And the weather didn't stop us from reading a whole lot.








And it definitely didn't stop us from eating chocolate covered doughnuts



(I would have taken the picture myself but I couldn't put my donut down)
If you are looking for a great book to read I recommend "Same kind of different as me" by Ron Hall and Denver Moore. It definitely makes you take a look at your own life and ask yourself, how am I serving others today? At one time I was crying away in the hot tub while reading. Nothing has made me cry this hard since the last pages of "The Kite Runner." But, don't shy away from the book because it made me cry. Don't be fooled, it is wonderful and definitely a quick read for all you busy mothers out there.
One last thing. I thought you should know that I have improved immensely with my new camera. I'm not kidding. I have even impressed myself at times. The quality of my work is outstanding and hard to compare. Let me stop talking, I mean typing, and show you some examples. Here are few shots of Steven and I that I took on the trip.
This is us in the hot tub of course, right after I swam away from my camera real fast like to pose next to Steven. Steven made me nervous because he kept telling me not to splash the camera on my way into the arm holding, but I told him not to mess with a professional.
And onto my favorite of the week. A superb picture of us before going out to dinner. What? I don't see anything wrong with it.

Well, if you must know, I'm sure my pictures of the two of us would have eventually been superb if my hubby would let me take two. "You only have one chance" he tells me. Man, I need to practice more...

Here's to a relaxing vacation!

3 comments:

Sara said...

so glad ya'll were able to get away! I have read "same kind of different..." and loved it.

The Vaughns said...

Hilarious pictures!! Glad yall had a vacation!!

Melanie said...

Love the pool shot. I can tell you have made great strides in your photography skills.