Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Eve

We spent our Christmas Eve this year in Sylacauga with the Sprayberry clan.  And I love some Christmas Eve and Christmas.  I, along with Papa Spray (Steven's dad), begin listening to Christmas music sometime the first of November.  I must confess, I've even busted out "Silent Night" on my ipod a few times in late July.  I just can't get enough. 

Isaac enjoyed his Christmas Eve as well.


We kept ourselves very busy.
Playing with trains...


Learning how to make chicken and dumplings...


Enjoying the outdoor fire place...


And playing with Aunt Kelly.



These two hung out in the upstairs playroom most of the afternoon keeping themselves quite busy.




The Sprayberry Christmas Eve tradition consists of going to Gaga's (Steven's grandmother) house that night and eating until we are stuffed.  Chili, oyster stew (which i can't say i'm the biggest fan of ;) ), hot wings, sausage balls, pigs in a blanket, etc, and plenty of desserts.  We always have fun socializing and this year was no exception.


 Rowen enjoying his favorite treat of hot wings...


This little guy was way too busy to eat.  I had to feed him on the run you could say. 

 

Steven's grandfather Pop is one of the sweetest most precious men you will ever meet.  I hate he has his eyes closed in this picture, but I was doing good just to get one of him.  He told me right before I took it that he didn't like pictures. ;)  Sounds like someone I know....hmmm, Steven? 

 

Enjoying the night with Aunt Kelly and CC. 




Steven's granmother, Gaga.



And of course, what would Christmas Eve be without a cousin picture, eh? 


Well, we know Isaac take after his daddy in the picture taking regard.                                                                       

Our best attempt...


After all the festivities, when little boys are in their beds and Santa's sleigh is being followed by the weatherman, we begin the process of putting toys together.  ...well, steven began the process of putting toys together...while I watched White Christmas.


 Just in time for Christmas morning...


0 comments: