Saturday, April 30, 2011

Tragic Day

Just like the title of the post says, Wednesday April 27th, was a day that will go down in history books as being one of the most tragic days in Alabama's history.  We watched as deadly tornado after tornado came down into our state.  I have so many pictures I need to post...from Easter, my Royal wedding day party, etc.(and I'll get to them) but I just couldn't go without remembering this day--my heart has been continually breaking for each city and family affected.  Seeing the devastation in Tuscaloosa...a place I know so well from my college days...brings tears to my eyes.  Not to mention just coming from my grandmother's house and the tornado that passed over Isaac and I and thinking...that could have been me...or I can't imagine the terror those people were going through at that moment!  Steven worked in UAB's ER that very night and saw firsthand the horror of the whole thing. 
   All in all, I am so thankful that the Lord is still good.  He remains faithful throughout generations and will continue to do so.  He can make good from tragedies...and we trust that He will!
Continue to pray that God will use this for HIS glory!  I have felt so helpless this week--wanting to do something, anything to help--and the Lord has gently reminded me that prayer is always the answer!

And of course, I can't write a blog without a little picture eye candy.  To break this somber mood a bit and give everyone a smile on their lips I have for you Isaac on the night of the storm.  Our trusty weatherman James Spann encouraged children to wear bike helmets for protection that night.  We took it a little too seriously...  for only five seconds I might add.

Hey it wasn't our idea little buddy...you can take it up with James!

0 comments: