Monday, February 20, 2012

Nice weather and bad sleep

When February brings you nice weather...


you take advantage of it.

Baby girl had her first experience in our backyard swing and loved it.  This swing has given Isaac (and me) many pleasant afternoons waiting for Daddy to come home.

Sadly little buddy is a little too big for the swing and he would much rather pedal around in his little red tricycle these days.


All while exploring the many weeds in our yard.



This cute little stinker has been the WORST sleeper these days.  She wakes around 1 o'clock every night and refuses to go back to sleep for the longest if she's not fed.  Then to make matters worse she is up every morning by 5:30 a.m.  I make her stay in the bed until 6:30 or so but I definitely don't get restful sleep that hour because she fusses in her crib the entire time.


I'm sure it could be worse...but that's not to say I'm not exhausted every morning.



Good thing she's cute.

Speaking of sleeping.  This kid has decided he doesn't need an afternoon nap some days.


Oh how I treasured those afternoon naps!! Yesterday I made him sit on the couch and watch a movie while I had some rest time myself.  He didn't mind--Peter Pan was the order of the day in movie choices.
I took the kids with me today on a late afternoon jog and Isaac fell right asleep in the stroller.  Believe me, you didn't want to be there to experience his rotten mood when he woke up.  It was frightful.


Despite the bad sleeping habits these kids continue to bring us such joy.
Plus it doesn't hurt that spring is right around the corner.




Then onto my favorite season...SUMMER!
I'm trying not to get ahead of myself. :)  Trying...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Apparently, I don't only have issues with socks hanging off feet- I also have an issue with really dirty socks. That picture made me feel physically ill!! ;)

Bethany Vaughn said...

Sterling, is going through the same thing with naps. I am a mean mommy though and make him stay in bed the whole time sometimes longer just to see if maybe he will fall asleep. And Ann Elizabeth went through the wake up at one phase at that age also. It only lasted a few weeks, I guess they just hit a growth spurt. Sterling never really did that. I just tried to feed her more solids during the day and I fed her in the night as a last resort, which I ended up having to resort to almost every night. This too will pass! :)