Monday, April 09, 2012

10 months

Well, this post is a tad late.  Nine days to be exact...but who's counting really.

This little girl is 10 months old, which means two months until the big 1st birthday.  Say what!!?


She continues to be such a joy in our house--constantly smiling, adventurous, and all around good natured.


The other night she was taking a bath and she kept leaning over and dunking her entire head in the water.  Isaac would have never done something like this--he's scared of anything new.  I made her stop after the eighth time when she swallowed the water and starting choking.


One thing is for sure--she ADORES big brother.
He can constantly make her laugh by the silly faces he makes and if he is playing nearby he is the first person she wants to crawl to and play with.


She crawls with lighting speed.  So much so that if I turn my back for 5 seconds she could literally be out of the living room onto somewhere else.

She's a tough cookie.  Not only does Isaac rough her up at times (accidentally(or not) hitting her with a throwing ball or running into her, etc.) but just yesterday we left the back door open for a second while Steven and I were watching the Master's and before we knew it Savannah was crying and had crawled out of the door (with a little drop off) and scraped her poor face pretty good on the outdoor rug.  She only cried for maybe 30 seconds.


She eats pretty much any type of baby food you throw at her.  However, getting her to eat table food has been a different story.  I know I did this already with Isaac but any advice would be helpful.  She does eat cheerios and puffs but likes to gag if I try to feed her anything else with chunks.


She has two bottom teeth and four on top.



We love our little girl so much and are so thankful for her life.

1 comments:

Family Snodgrass said...

Andrew was the same way about gagging on anything chunky at all. We just waited it out and kept offering things, and now he has only a few, very minor remaining texture issues (3.5 years later-ha!). With John Fletcher, I gave him more whole foods early on and he doesn't have nay texture issues at all...may just be a difference between them, but I think the introduction to whole foods helped with it. Maybe try giving Savannah big things that she can gnaw little bites off of, like half a banana or slices of apple, or strips of steamed veggies/fruits. That way she'll just get miniscule bites, but she'll have the texture exposure.