Wednesday, April 04, 2012
And then there were THREE
I feel as though I need to interrupt my travel/Africa postings with an important announcement.
Oh, and it's a doozy.
Well, it was for me anyway. And I can think of about ten other words besides doozy that I could use, but won't.
Well here we go folks, I suppose it's time.
Yep, that about sums it up.
We are expecting #3 to our family, due in October. To say we were shocked would be an understatement but I am warming up to the idea and getting more excited. I will admit it was a bit overwhelming to take in as I feel as though I just gave birth to Savannah. And why do I feel that way? Because I just did! ;) We found out a few days before Steven left for Africa so that was some big news to take in before he left us for a month.
We are thankful that God is in control of our lives though and that it is He who ultimately chooses when (and when not to) give someone a baby. It was definitely not planned by us although we always knew we wanted more kiddos in the mix as the Lord willed. We struggled to get pregnant with Isaac so I know the pain of longing for a baby--I'm trying to be as thankful as possible. And we are thankful for this blessing I assure you. Just taken off guard that's all.
This baby and Savannah will be 16 months apart so very close in age--and we hope very close in friendship as well.
I'm feeling pretty good and thankfully not too sick. My sick time usually comes in the evenings but I am 12 weeks now and hopefully will see that ending soon.
We are excited for the many changes this year and always thankful the Lord knows best. I keep telling myself that verse that says something like "A man plans his future but the Lord directs his path." Something like that anyway.
So there you have it folks.
Thought I should get the news out there as I'm already showing these days. That's the great thing about the 3rd--you get a nice baby bump/gut super early.:)

Posted by
Kimmie
at
11:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



15 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS!!! Congrats:) God knows what He's doing... but maybe yall should reconsider moving to Auburn:) Praying for you and your family- all five of you!!
Congrats!!! Kimmie, you will do great with 3! Busy I'm sure but you are a wonderful mommy! What a blessed baby to be born into such an awesome family!!
Congratulations, Kimmie! That is such exciting news. My boys aren't quite as close as yours will be--they are 19 months apart--but I have loved having them close enough to be doing a lot of the same things and having a lot of the same interests. I'm sure you will, too!
Love it! I forget how precious that little baby is in the ultrasound pictures. So excited for you guys!
Wow! Congrats
Ahh!! Congratulations!!
Wowsers girlie! I know the feeling of a BIG surprise like that and the struggle of being overwhelmed but thankful. I'm so glad the Lord surprised us and planned our little Anna Mitchell even though we didn't. I already can't imagine our family without her. I know you guys will feel the same (eventually - ha)! Congrats!
So excited for you guys!!! I was a surprise #3 for my parents too. Seriously...could you imagine how boring life would be without a Deborah Lawler around. Ha!!!! kidding, kidding. :) Really happy for your sweet family!!
Congratulations Kimmie! That little baby is being born into a wonderful family!
Glad its public :) yay! Cute pictures too. Can't wait to spoil this one rotten!
Congrats! You are going to be a busy mommy.
AHHHH...Steven did not tell me this! I was reading and put the computer down and said..have you talked to Steven?!! He said yep...they are pregnant!! haha! We are 4 weeks apart!! yay! So excited for baby #3 for ya'll!
Congrats Kimmie! That is super exciting! You will be one busy busy momma.
Wow!!! That's so wonderful, but I totally know how you feel. EK and JL were 19 months apart, so not quite as close as yours. With the boys I wanted to be induced as soon as I could, and with EK I waited as long as possibly could...to get she and JL as far apart as I could. :) Praying it is a peaceful pregnancy! :)
Ok wow!! So, I haven't checked blogs in about 20 days and I find this!!! Our third was shocking too...so was our fourth! It's hard to feel the shock emotion and also know what it was like to struggle to get pregnant with your first. I completely know how you are feeling. Congratulations!
Post a Comment