Guess who we saw yesterday!!???
You guessed it folks.
Our.................................
Best..................................
Buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And the silliness was in high gear let me assure you.
But who wouldn't be just a little bit silly after waiting two months to see your best friend I ask you?
The McMakin's are in Orange Beach this week and it was the perfect opportunity to drive down to see them. It took us only 45 minutes to make the drive so we decided to go play for an entire day. And play we did.
Of course, we even packed these little ones in a wagon and hauled them to the sand and surf
It was the perfect beach day to spend with friends. The weather wasn't too hot, but the sun was out. We haven't seen the sun much these days because it has rained so much. I'm sick of rain.
These best buds had plenty to catch up on...including important boating conversations.
And these big buddies got to catch up as well.
We think Mr. Andy has been going to the tanning bed, though he denies it. He's awfully tan compared to the rest of us...;)
There was also plenty of paparazzi...I mean, mama's with a camera...around.
You can thank me later, Ash.
And we attempted a few family pics. After all, we did have our cameras out.
Don't you just love when your toddler decides to chew on a boat when the camera snaps?
I know I do (said while shaking my head no).
The kiddos had fun in the condo as well and continued being their silly little selves. Well....mostly my crazy son.
And the babies continued to be their cute little selves.
Couldn't you just eat him up?
And apparently he could eat Savannah up too. He's only nine months...and she's fifteen.
The pool was also a favorite with the kiddos.
And we can't forget to get a picture of the mommies. You know, just so you know we were around.
We finished the day off with a fun dinner at LuLu's, and this is the only picture I managed to get. Good ole' iphone.
As you can see, we had a fun filled day.
There's just something about being with old friends that is so refreshing. Makes you feel like you can just be yourself. Because after all, they've seen your good and bad and grown with you throughout life. We've known the McMakin's now for 12 years...even before they were the McMakins and we treasure their friendship. I definitely miss calling up Ashley during the week to see if she wants to make a quick run to the zoo.
But it's nice to know that we'll always see them, no matter how far apart we are.
Alrighty, I better run. I hear Isaac yelling for me from his bedroom. Apparently he's lost his stuffed dolphin and apparently mommy is the only one that can find it.
Catch ya later.








1 comments:
I am so glad that you got to be together!! Isaac needed some "Ryder time." I hope and pray that your visits will be frequent enough to keep them connected at the hip all their growing-up years. Miss you guys SO MUCH!!! Give my babies a hug and kiss from their CC please.
Post a Comment