Wednesday, September 03, 2008

24 hours away...

I feel like I'm six years old again waiting for Santa to bring me my favorite barbie dream house! Tomorrow we find out the sex of our baby! Finally!
Steven comes home tonight to be present at the ultra sound. I warned him this past weekend that if the weather from Gustav was still bad in Mississippi on Wednesday when he was coming home, I didn't think I could wait for him on Thursday morning. Luckily, he will be on his way home this afternoon.
I have done okay without Steven this past week and a half. Sure I saw him over the weekend so that took off a lot of alone time, but I feel like I'm getting a little braver day by day. Well, let me clarify that... as long as there is not a scarey American girl doll in my room at night (right, Carla? :) . To make a long story short, I was deathly scared, I mean DEATHLY scared of my American girl doll, Samantha, when I was a little girl. So scared in fact that Carla had to sleep with it in her room every night and my mother threatened to burn it for me. Haha! I guess creative and thesbian-like minds have a wild imagination as a kid. Let's hope I don't have to hide little peter rabbit from the baby when it's born...hopefully it will take after steven in that regard.
Speaking of Steven, he is really enjoying his ER rotation in Jackson and even got to fly in a helicopter this past weekend during an automobile rescue. The only draw back to the program is the fact that it's a four year program instead of a three year--but, i don't think that will be a huge issue to him when its all said and done. He is excited about his next rotations at UAB and Georgia though. I had a great time visiting with my grandmother and Steven this weekend even though I wasn't able to spend too much time with him due to the night shifts. I had to come home earlier than expected because of the hurricane inching it's way towards Miss. I left early Monday morning and spent labor day by myself. But, don't feel too sorry for me. I slept most of the day.
Well, I must admit that I am incredibly impressed with my post length this time. I must be pretty bored... :)

I will try to remember to post tomorrow to let everyone know if it's a BOY or GIRL!! I'm thinking boy, but we'll see....

6 comments:

TBG said...

I can't WAIT to hear what the sex is!!!! Hope you're holding up ok without the hubby. :) I think I remember Eden saying that she saw you not too long ago and that you are such a cute pregnant lady :) can't wait to see that belly grow! post pics girl!

Shea said...

Can't wait to hear! I'm guessing boy!

Jessica said...

I'm thinking boy too!! I can't wait to hear! We need to sign up for sips n' strokes soon...
Love, Aunt Jess

The Burgess Family said...

Kimmie!! We need some pregnant belly pics of you. We're all dying to see how cute you are. Now get to it!

Ashley said...

glad your surviving! I've been thinking about you... please call me if you want to hang out while he's gone! also, can't wait to hear the sex!

TBG said...

oh my gosh. i got on and got butterflies in my tummy remembering you have your "sex" appointment today!!! can't wait to hear!!!!!!