Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cold season

This weekend I came down with a terrible cold! This is my second one during my pregnancy that I have experienced and it's not fun. I'm just hoping that it stays a cold and doesn't turn into a bad sinus infection--I really don't want to take antibiotics during pregnancy even though I know some of them are safe to take.
I think I am getting this terrible sickness from my job with drama kids--where I'm around snotty nose kids Tuesday-Thursday for hours at a time. I even had a little 3 year old cough in my face the other day!! I was like, "Uh, you did NOT just do that!" Steven has reminded me over and over again that I must wash my hands, don't touch my face when i'm around these little poopers, and to use hand sanitizer. But, I guess I have been forgetting.
I started a new job a couple of weeks ago at a maternity store in Birmingham. It used to be called Pickles and Ice cream for those of you familiar with downtown homewood stores, but now is called The Swanky Stork. I have really enjoyed it. Talking to all the pregnant women that come in everyday and buying a few clothes on the side hasn't been all that bad.:) Their clothes are adorable too so it's going to be hard not to spend money. But, i must say, I've done quite well so far. Yes, your welcome Steven.
Not much else has been happening lately. I have done so much better about staying by myself lately--it doesn't mean I don't miss my husband but just that I'm growing some "you know what" I suppose. Steven comes home this Friday!! YAY!! Has it really already been a month??
Our little man has been moving aroud a lot. Hopefully, Steven will get a chance to feel him kicking in a week or so. I love feeling him toss and turn! In the past I have only been able to feel him if I were to sit very still and wait for it. But, now I'm feeling him when I'm in the line to get a sandwich, driving the car, etc. I'm sure some of you mothers are laughing because I know its only going to get worse...and better! Steven and I haven't really gotten a chance to discuss names yet because he has been away but I'll keep you posted on that area. Hopefully, it doesn't take us too long...
Well, i better end this post. The time has come for me to go and blow my nose...

6 comments:

TBG said...

kimmie you are so precious :) Eden told me that you started working at the Swanky Stork! i dont have any business in there, personally, but i'll have to come check YOU out! :) can't believe the month is already over. praise the Lord! I know you're so glad for steven to be home and continue to share the beauty of growing that sweet baby boy. can't wait to hear names!!!

Shea said...

I would never have a paycheck if I worked at that maternity store! Good for you for not spending a ton! Sorry you have a cold! Hope you feel better soon!

Dana and Chris Sheheane said...

Kimmie, you are making me laugh so hard! I would love to see you and catch up! I found you through Ashley Mac and am so glad! You are going to love having a boy!!! We love Wells! He's so fun already...just tiring! :) What a blessing! Would love to see you! Dana

THE KEEVERS said...

isn't it amazing? i loved feeling wyatt move around...until he decided to put his feet in my cervix. haha...hey where did you find your template for the blog? it's so cute!

TBG said...

thank you Kimmie! i will give that a visit and see what i can find :)

Leslie Harwell said...

Hey Kimmie, I just found your blog through Ashley's. I hope you are feeling better now. It is no fun to be sick when you are pregnant (I felt like I couldn't take anything). Congrats on having a boy. Looking forward to seeing you again at Life group. Leslie Harwell