Friday, September 05, 2008

It's a BOY!!!



It's a BOY!!!! We could not be more excited. Steven and I went to the doctor at 9:30 yesterday morning and had to wait in the waiting room for what seemed like hours. After thirty or forty five minutes we were finally ushered into the ultrasound room eager with anticipation. I mean seriously, we both could not talk to each other while waiting because we were so nervous.

FINALLY, we had our little guy on the screen, but still did not know what the sex was. The nurse doing our ultrasound first looked at the head and brain area to see if everything was okay, then went down to the torso (all the while I was thinking, "Okay, can we just get to the crotch already!). But, I was very thankful everything looked perfectly healthy thus far. So, on to the legs... As she was moving down to the legs and feet to check out the toes I heard Steven let out a little gasp. I looked at him and a little smile went across his face as he said, "I think I just saw something." "What!" I said, "You must have seen a penis, if you saw something." And then the nurse says, "Yes, I think I saw something too, let's go check it out." Sure enough there was a little tiny piece of genitalia hanging from the crotch. How Steven saw this I will never know, because it took me like 5 minutes to even see it.

So, needless to say, Steven has still not wiped that big grin off of his face yet. We really went into it thinking it was going to be a girl (because that's what so many people were saying) and this was a fun surprise. Now onto names....


Here are a couple of belly shots of me today because I know some of you wanted to see. I didn't even noticed that I put on a blue sweater today until I was taking the picture. How perfect! I had to take the pictures myself while at work at the art gallery so they are not very good. Also, I thought I would have a way to crop them, but couldn't figure it out. I'm sure it was quite simple. I was praying the whole time that someone would not walk in and see me taking a picture of myself. I don't know how I would have explained that one...


I will attempt at putting up another ultrasound pic soon as well. Thanks for the all the prayers and encouragement! We can't wait to meet this precious little one come February.



8 comments:

Shea said...

Gosh, I'm two for two with my friends and guessing these days! =) So excited for y'all! When's your due date? I think we are almost exactly a month apart. Fun!

TBG said...

YOU ARE SO CUTE!!!! congratulations!

Matt and Naomi O'Reilly said...

So excited its a boy! He is going to be precious!! Have fun shopping for blue!!

The Reeds said...

YAY for little boys!! Congrats Kimmie! You look SO cute!!

The Wade Family said...

Congratulations on your baby boy! How exciting! They are wonderful!!!

Dana and Chris Sheheane said...

Yeah Kimmie and Steven!!! I'm so excited for you! You will LOVE having a precious boy. We just love Wells so much! He is already my football buddy! Love ya and would love to see you!! Love, Dana

TBG said...

so how is the name choosing coming along? any thoughts?

Nick and Christina Brannen said...

YAY for a baby BOY!!! They are so much fun and they can be little friends! How exciting:)