Friday, April 03, 2009

Two months!


We took baby Isaac to his two month appointment this morning--we have a big, but healthy baby on our hands.:) He weighed a wopping 13.13 pounds (95% in weight) and was 24.4 inches long (98%). Thankfully he is starting to slack off a little bit in feedings and usually will go more than 3 or 3.5 hours between them. He gets more and more fun everyday. I love the first newborn weeks but I didn't really know what I was missing. I'm LOVING all of these coo sounds and smiles. He is quite the talker! He is even starting to get more hair on the top of his head now and doesn't look as much like george castanza from seinfeld anymore...

Things Isaac loves:
His baby einstein mat
Bath time
His boppy
Momma's funny faces
Pooping

Things Isaac dislikes:
His swing
wet diapers (cries until we change him)
face washing
tummy time
All in all, we are loving our little boy and feel so blessed!

Steven's vacation time is almost over and I have been so spoiled with him around. We are going to miss him so much when Monday gets here. We had a wonderful time at the beach with Katie and Ben Compton...it was a much needed break. Actually this whole month has been great..getting out of our tiny apartment does me good.:) Isaac loved the beach too. We had good weather for two days while there and took him out to the beach for a couple of hours. He slept most of the time because the sun was so bright but I think he enjoyed the sound of the ocean waves. Who doesn't really!

Another mile stone in our month was house hunting and actually finding a place to live next year. We wanted to rent a house for the next three years. One, because we still have a house in Florida that we own, and two, it's far less hastle when we only may be in Birmingham for three more years. Honestly we didn't have to look hard--we are so thankful to the Lord for answering our prayers. I really like the house. It's actually just a few houses down from Katie and Ben so we will have them for neighbors for a few years. Very excited about that! Hopefully they won't get too sick of us.;)
Here are some pictures of our trip and Isaac, of course. Again, I didn't take that many. I need to get better about that...






Thanks Mom and Dad for our great time at the beach house!! Can't wait to go back with ya'll!


Our little buddha in his bathtub.

5 comments:

Matt and Naomi O'Reilly said...

Awhh! Isaac is getting so big! He is adorable! I can't wait for him and Patrick to play too!

Shannon and Clint said...

I am laughing out loud right now because CLint and I call Hannah Grace our little Buddah too! HOw funny! He is so cute and growing at a fast rate just like Hannah Grace. We need to get together soon for a playdate :)

Family Snodgrass said...

Hi Kimmie! I came across your blog through Jana Broughton's and wanted to give you my congratulations on the birth of Isaac! We have a little boy who is just a couple months ahead of Isaac--they're a great joy, aren't they?!
Glad to see you're doing well!
Elizabeth Sullivan Snodgrass

Jessica said...

Cute pictures! So glad you found a place but I'm extremely jealous that you and katie will be so close - your kids will forget Aunt jess!! :-(

Ashley said...

adorable...I've got to see him in person soon!!! so glad y'all are staying in bham and found a place to live! let's hang out soon!