Tuesday, August 04, 2009

6 months old!

LOOK AT ME! I'm half a year!



I took Isaac to his 6 month appointment today and he checked out beautifully..besides the major crying fit that consumed him after his 4 shots. But, thats to be expected.
6 month stats:

Weight: 19.3 pounds (80%)
Height: 27.5 (90%)
HC: 17.25


Here are a few pictures I took of us in the room waiting for the doctor. Please excuse how grotesque and sweaty I look. I promise I do take showers....



Before the shots....one happy baby


Here are a few pictures I have taken lately of what we've been up to.

I have gotten into making baby food and to be honest, its actually been pretty fun. Its easy and I know that my boy is getting the necessary nutrients that he needs. All you need is...


fruit of course. And a something to steam them in.


a blender


a book telling you how to do it (if you are like me)...thanks CC for let me borrow this

and finally...ice cube trays. just freeze and use when baby is hungry.:)


And last, but not least, little Ryder McMakin was born last week and we were so happy to finally meet him! We can't wait for Isaac and Ryder to room together at Alabama just like their daddy's did. Sorry, you see more of me then him in this picture but its the only one I have!





















5 comments:

Matt and Naomi O'Reilly said...

How has 6 months already gone by!! Wow! And I haven't even met that sweet boy! We are coming to B'ham at the end of Sept. if I don't see yall before then! I have been wanting to make babyfood for Patrick. I'll have to try it!

TBG said...

you look great kimmie :) i love it that he'll actually smile with you in a picture! so precious. he's a doll! youll have to teach me the baby food thing whenever we have our babies one day!

Bethany Vaughn said...

I have been making Sterling's food as well, and you are right it really is fun, and so easy too. I was telling Alex I wish I could cook for us one afternoon every month or two!!

Question about the ice cube trays: I tried that as well with the first batch of food. I was so excited that it was so easy and all I would have to do is pop out the cubes, put them in a labeled zip-lock and fill up the trays again. However, my food would not come out of the trays without dethawing it and scooping it out which defeats the purpose. I had to resort to small rubbermaid containers which can be a hassle as well. So, what is the secret, how do you get the food out?

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue said...

Kimmie, I found your blog through Ashley's. Issac is so cute!