Isaac and I went to visit the grandparents this weekend in Auburn. I scheduled a day to get my hair highlighted (because it is cheaper there than in Birmingham) and we also went tailgating for the AU/Miss St. game. And don't you get fooled by these pictures! No suri bob! Just because you see me in a blue colored skirt and my son in a light blue football jon jon DOES NOT mean we don't love our Alabama football! But we were going to an Auburn tailgate and I had to look somewhat appropriate.... Actually, Steven said Isaac could wear a blue outfit or an orange outfit, but not orange and blue together. Don't worry folks, Isaac still bleeds red....i mean crimson :)
I was able to spend time with one of my best friends over the weekend, Jessica. She lives in Charleston, SC right now and we miss her terribly. Jessica, Katie, Joy, and I have been best buds from way back in our highschool days. Joy wasn't able to come this time.
Isaac enjoyed his first tailgate. He said the food was out of this world...although it was a little "watered down" he said. ;)
I felt old this weekend. Well, older. It seems like whenever I get back into a college environment I still remember like it was yesterday being at Alabama. But, I soon had a reality check. One, I asked my brother the first night we were there if I could pass for a college student if I went to his fraternity party with him that night. He responded with a curious eye scanning my face up and down...and simply replied, "No, maybe you could pass for a grad student." The key word here is maybe. maybe. awesome. Then, on Saturday my little sister who is a junior in high school brought a friend to the tailgate with her. As I was talking to this friend she continuously responded to all my conversational questions with a "yes mam." Ahhhhhh, the yes mam from older teens. Again...awesome.
No, but seriously. I'm perfectly fine with "growing up". :)
Here are a few pics of our time spent with family and friends.
Falling asleep on the way to the tailgate.


Me, Isaac and Aunt Jess. Isaac refused to look at the camera...
Isaac hanging out with a fellow 7 monther.
Katie, Jess, and I.
We always seem to get a little silly when together.
Who knows what we are laughing at...or why my mouth is gaping open.
Oh, and please excuse all the "hand on your hips" poses from me. I heard this makes you look skinnier so I thought I would try it. ha! Nobody told me how dumb you look...
Me and mom.
At one point Isaac was just in his diaper due to the fact that he had a diaper change. He was a bit hot so we let him air out a bit. Dr. Golden, Jessica's dad, took him over to hear the band play.


My dad and Isaac
One last picture of Isaac and my dad. This is when Isaac heard someone yelling "roll tide!" ;)
All in all we had a great time!!!!!! Thanks for great food fellowship, and fun!!! Isaac had a ball!
Me, Isaac and Aunt Jess. Isaac refused to look at the camera...
All in all we had a great time!!!!!! Thanks for great food fellowship, and fun!!! Isaac had a ball!




4 comments:
That was a really fun post. I'm cracking up about your brother saying you might pass for a grad student. Honestly, I still think I'm kind of close in age to my high school babysitters. When I get "maam" comments, I still cringe. I know I'm 30 and all, but really.
I see that you convinced your mom and friends to try the hand on the hip pose, too! You're hilarious.
Oh, for the avocado...I almost always mix it with yogurt. Just plain old organic whole fat yogurt. If he still doesn't like it, try adding a little bit of applesauce. Avocado is just about the perfect food. Give it another try!
LOVE the little football outfit!!! Great compromise. Glad you guys had fun!
I LOVE seeing Isaac at auburn football games!!!!!
those pictures are hilarious... it still makes me smile that when we are together, there will always be laughing pictures. i love that. praise God for y'all... the ones that always make me laugh. (i need you to send me those pics)
Post a Comment