Sickness has finally hit our little one. I am extremely thankful that it took 9 months until it hit him but its not fun nevertheless. In fact, I now have the sickness and a baby and momma sick at the same time is MISERABLE!
Isaac began to get a bad cough a week or two ago and on Thurday night the cough turned into congestion and the congestion turned into a bad cold. A very bad cold. Needless to say we didn't get any sleep on Friday night...I stayed up rocking him until 3 in the morning and then Steven took over after that. We finally broke down (or should I say my husband finally broke down) and let me take little buddy to the doctor on Monday morning, only to find out it has turned into a bacterial infection (kinda like a sinus infection) and he needed to be on antibiotics. The old baptist hymn "Amen" began playing in my head. So...he's been on medicine for a day and half and feels so much better. Thank goodness too....I don't know if I could have taken anymore of the blue suction ball grabbing snot from his nose. yucky. and now the snot has moved on to my nose and i find myself blowing it every 5 minutes or so. Joyous.
Well, here's to the cold season! Hopefully this will be the first and LAST one we get this year. Okay, okay...and girl can dream can't she!
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
sniff, sniff, cough, cough

Posted by
Kimmie
at
2:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
glad you guys are on the mend! i know just what you mean about a sick baby and mama...not fun!!! love all the newest pictures of isaac! he is so adorable!
Oh man. I have it too. Bad Bad case of broncitis. I went completely hoarse on Tuesday and my voice is getting better but I still sound like a man. But I can relate. It is miserable. Poor Isaac. Poor you! Get lots of rest if you can! LOVE YOU
Post a Comment