Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Unexpected blessings...


Yes, we are still around. Still here. I just haven't posted in a while, and for good reason. You see, our precious little one year old was parading around the room a few weeks ago and stumbled upon our laptop sitting on the arm of the big chair. When mommy's back was turned he found the cord with pure delight and quickly, like a flash of lighting, pulled the laptop off the chair and onto the hard tile floor below. As I opened the laptop (not even a year old laptop mind you) the screen was covered in beautiful multi colored lines.


To make a long story short we are using an old 1990's monitor (thanks to my sister in law) and projecting our laptop onto the standing monitor in our guest bedroom. The only problem is, just like I said, its a STANDING monitor in our guest bedroom. And I forgot to tell you that our guest bedroom stays cold....I mean really cold in the winter time. Not to mention Steven thinks the chair is really uncomfortable... :) So you really have to have a strong desire to get on the computer now....



The reason I titled this post "unexpected blessing" was because little did we know what a small blessing the laptop breakage would be. There were many days when I would get on the computer when Isaac would be taking his nap, comfy cozy on my plush couch, and not get off of it until he woke up. I'm embarrassed to say. No one tells you this little box will be so addicting when its so easily accessible. Often times when Steven would get home from work and want to wind down right away he would open the laptop, no fault to himself, and spend lots of time looking at whatever. Okay not whatever...Alabama football stuff.


But who can blame him!! Again that laptop was so easy to get to, a comfortable setting, and continuous web searching.....



Well, since the "crash" as I've come to call it our communication has improved since he's been home and we spend more time together during the night. Don't get me wrong...our marriage wasn't falling apart or anything but we did enjoy taking turns looking at the computer when Isaac went to bed and the TV was on. And of course this can lead to not saying too much the entire night....


okay, okay, so you get the idea. We are sad our dear laptop has crashed but thrilled all at the same time! Isn't it funny how God helps us out even when we don't see it ourselves...or I should say, don't want to see it ourselves.


Enough about the laptop.

I haven't been using the camera as much lately. I get tired of my house setting... please oh please get warmer so we can be outside!!


Saturday was beautiful so we went for a walk.

Even daddy got to come!




We you can't find your paci why not use the foot of your bunny!? This is how we find Isaac many a day.


I will be better at posting from now on. I just have to bundle up first and prepare my gluteus maximus for some hard sitting.

Oh, another good thing about the laptop breaking. I've been working out almost every morning. This is very unlike me. I am a runner, not a weight lifter. But since it has been so darn cold outside and I don't want Isaac to suffer I've been doing some things in doors. Hopefully by this summer I'll have a super cut body. Here's to dreamin'....

4 comments:

Tara & Johhny said...

now you just made me feel really guilty for plopping my tush on the couch during jack's nap! i do play on the computer way too much, but i really don't want it to break!!

The Hornsbys said...

I totally agree with the computer taking away from our communication too! We try to set boundaries, but end up giving in because we're just tired and want to veg out. You've inspired me to turn the computer off! :) Isaac is adorable!
You handled the crash very well. It will be the first of many...coming from experience of course. :)

Bethany Vaughn said...

I am so glad to know I am not the only one guilty of this! I'm right there with you on the pictures too. I am so ready to be able to play outside!! That being said I need to get off of the computer and vacuum.

Ashley said...

oh yes, it's one of my addictions too! And such a subtle one...in fact, the only reason I'm on your blog is because I was in the middle of working and excel decided to freeze...and here I am an hour later still on blogs..I guess excel might be back up by now but I really don't feel like working! ha! Looking forward to playgroup soon! Oh, and I agree, Spring can't come soon enough!!!! ugh!!!