We went to Isaac's one year appointment on Friday. Here are the stats. (I'm so glad I have been typing these out because I haven't been keeping up with that good old baby book)




23.5 pounds (70%)
31 inches long (80%)
And who really cares about the circumference of their head??I have the most fun with this little boy! He has the biggest grin that definitely melts my heart many a time.
He is doing GREAT at table food. I left the baby food in the dust and went straight to the goodies. He loves lots of things from chicken, turkey, broccoli, peaches, bananas, squash, sweet potatoes, cheerios, etc.....and...you will never guess. AVOCADO! yes, this boy actually likes the stuff. I was planning to video him on round #2 of the avocado taste test. Mainly to bring a laugh to me and my fellow bloggers. But, to my surprise he actually liked it. Oh well. I guess no laughing at my expense and more protein for this growing boy!
There is one slight delay in this toddler's diet. He doesn't get the sippy cup. Oh, he will drink from it alright but only if mommy holds it for him. If I'm not there to hold it for him he either plays with it, bites it, or chunks it across the room. Oh well. I guess things could be worse. Yes, much worse. He is doing great with whole milk so thats a plus.
He took his first steps the other day too! Only about three or so but he's doing it. Steven and I are trying to work with him but the majority of the time he thinks it just a game and laughs at his silly parents. So, he's either crawling or standing while pushing something. He loves to wrestle on the bed with Daddy! I'll leave you with some "wrestling pics."
Can I get a hoo ha two times Tuesday on DESIRING IT TO BE WARMER!!! (hoo ha....does anyone remember this stupid pizza commercial?) Steven and I occasionally use the term when were feeling extra cheesy. Anyway, back to the warmth. I cannot wait until spring time when the sky is blue and the weather is beautiful. Then I'll use my new camera more... Until then i'll try to stay less depressed inside and dream of summer.




3 comments:
I showed Patrick Isaac's picture and he says he really wants to play with Isaac!! We miss yall!
Just keep it up with the cup. Sterling did the same thing. He would not drink from it unless I was holding it. But after a while he will get the hang of it! (I think it took Sterling like a month, the more you offer a cup instead of a bottle the quicker he will get it) Getting one with handles helped Sterling a lot and getting one with a soft spout similar to a bottle nipple. We started after his nine month appointment instead of one year so that could have been why it took so long.
it took wyatt forever to take a sippy cup! but we just started putting everything in them and he had no choice...if he wanted a drink, it was going to come from one of those cups. now he's all over it...just stick with it and isaac with come along.
Post a Comment