As you can see the blog has been completely transformed, and I love it.
Before the transformation began I wanted to add a little title to our blog. You see, "The Sprayberry's" was boring to me... I still wanted Sprayberry in the name somewhere so, I thought of all the ways I could use that in the title. Sure came up with some amusing ones--who knew there is so much you could use with "Sprayberry!" Sprayberry shortcake (Kelly's idea), Sprayberry bundle, etc. I mean the word play on BERRY is just endless! ;)
But after all was said in done I continued to come back to my orginal thought, "The Sprayberry Safari." And here's the reasoning (if you care to listen)...
1. Safari means: an overland expedition, a journey. When I think of our blog I think of it as a
journey through our lives...taking other people on a journey with us.
Actually safari in arabic means journey and it's so fitting with my little sister living
in the middle east right now and learning Arabic as her second language.
2. Safari sounded good with Sprayberry
3. Third, one of my very first mission trips included a trip with my dad when I was twelve years old. He took me to Kenya, Africa where he did medical missions at Tenwek hospital and I helped with vacation bible school for the missionary kids. It was such a special trip and one I will always cherish with my dad... Plus, we had the privilege to go on a safari the last days we were there and as a twelve year old, you can imagine how exciting that was! So needless to say, Africa has always held a special place in my heart and was even able to experience the country again in 2000 with my entire family.
My dad with a few of the nurses.
So, there in a nutshell is why I named the blog this. I also thought the verse was so fitting to "our journey through life" because the only giver of life is of course Christ and Praise God that He came down to earth so that we can have LIFE and have it abundantly throughout all eternity!!
These are the only pictures I could find of our journey through Kenya in 1995. I hope everyone gets a special kick out of me and my long jean skirt and baggy Auburn sweatshirt!
And what a wild journey the Lord has taken me on since this...
I can't wait to see where He takes us next.




4 comments:
Do you still have that jean skirt? I was hoping I could borrow it.
Oh my gosh! You are a DUGGAR!!!!! :) I'm calling Michelle and letting her know she lost one of her kids.
I have no words on the skirt! I love all the african pictures and your explanation on the name for the blog:) Thanks for letting me do it!
love the shoutout. amazed that you know some arabic!
Post a Comment