Here's a July6th and 7th flashback to be exact. After July 4th weekend Isaac and I traveled to Auburn a few times while Steven was playing doctor in Montgomery. My mom was out of the country on a mission trip at the time and little buddy and I saw Camille off to camp.
Here's just a few of my favorites from our travels...
We first met Camille in the country to feed her beloved horse.
Later that day, my dad, brother, and I took the family dogs (including Major) to a big open field so they could run around as much as their little doggie hearts desired.
Major thought he had died and gone to heaven...
After hitting up the campus ice cream joint more times than I like to count we walked around campus...


Our little buddy is 18 months old!!! It really is difficult to believe that a year and a half has gone by... It's almost hard to remember what life was like before him. I mean, don't get me wrong, I can definitely remember (especially when he's being extra bad ;) ). But there is not a day that goes by where I am not truly thankful for this little guy.
Our little buddy is 18 months old!!! It really is difficult to believe that a year and a half has gone by... It's almost hard to remember what life was like before him. I mean, don't get me wrong, I can definitely remember (especially when he's being extra bad ;) ). But there is not a day that goes by where I am not truly thankful for this little guy.
Those who know him can tell he has my personality to the extreme. I think he has my personality as a child times 100...because he's a boy and a little stinker. I have started to read the strong-willed child book at many mother's advice and it's been helpful thus far. There are many days where I don't know what to do with him--when he's in one of his fits, or hitting me for attention, etc. But, I already feel like I've learned so much and especially about patience, grace, and Christ's love for me. So often when Isaac is in one of his "terrible 2" moods (oh yes, he's already there) I think about my relationship with the Lord and how I'm the exact same way with Him. Okay, so I'm not hitting God or crying uncontrollably at the top of my lungs, but I definitely don't like to do what His word tells me all of the time and I pitch fits in my own little way....and yet through it all, Christ's love never wavers. How thankful I am for that. It also reminds me that "we all fall short of the glory of God"...but oh how wonderful that HE made a way and now we are declared righteous before His eyes after turning from our sin and ourselves.
I definitely don't want to portray Isaac has a wild child or that I'm not so thankful and in love with him. I find myself many many times a day laughing uncontrollably with him. The looks he gives, the sweet smiles he brings, the playfulness of his hilarious personality!! I wouldn't want anything less!
He doesn't say many words right now. Slowly but surely he's getting it. I do feel like he is at the stage where he's learning something new each day. Like just today, he said the word "cold" for the first time. I've been trying to teach him this for the last few days now because everytime he touches his sippy cup or inside the fridge, he says it's "ott, ott." And I say, "No buddy, that's not hot, it's coooold, cooold, can you say cold?" Blank stare.
Okay, okay, so enough about Isaac-poo. We love him so very much and look forward to each new day we have with our son!




2 comments:
Sterling called cold hot for so long! I thought that was just him. Too funny! We have also started having our "terrible two" times too! I wouldn't call Sterling strong willed but he definitely has his moments. I have also learned so much about my own sinfulness through my son, thanks for the post. I guess we have an interesting year a head of us!
your pics are so great! You can tell it's with a good camera..and of course a good photographer!!(: I totally need to get a nice camera but I'm just afraid I won't use it!
Yes, my mom read the strong-willed child for me...and although Ryder hasn't hit that stage yet....I can see it won't be long! So I'm sure I'll be right there with ya soon!
Post a Comment