We spent yet another weekend on Lake Martin. But this time it was a tad different...there was not one kiddo in sight.
Our life group from church spent a fun few days together enjoying fellowship and of course all the water festivities that the lake can bring. We decided on this weekend being a "kid free zone" and I'm so glad we did...we were able to have plenty of wonderful conversation without any interruption.
That doesn't mean we were not super excited to get this little guy back in our hands. He had a fun filled weekend with Papa Spray and CC in Sylacauga.
Of course we had to keep ourselves pretty busy at the lake...being used to kids and all.

Despite the absent of little people, we had plenty of adult KIDS playing around...


Throughout all the fun, Steven was even able to get some work done. He put his ER skills to good use to sew up a cut on Mitchell's foot. I'll spare the weak stomach people from a bloody cut shot.
The girls enjoyed a lazy afternoon conversation on the dock.
never...
Isaac has been nothing but non stop hilarity lately. He makes me laugh constantly and if I don't watch it, I often lose my breath. I wish I could capture some of these outrageous faces he's been making. Dramatic for sure. Little buddy is usually in a great mood, unless you catch him when he's tired or hungry (but isn't that most of us anyway). He is constantly running... I guess he plans to be a runner like his parents.
Speaking of running, I've been running lots lately. I feel so great afterwards and boy does it relieve stress (not that I'm that stressed or anything). Steven has had a lot of time off lately which has been amazing, so we've done some running together. I always love when he is around so he can push the stroller and not me. But good gracious has it been HOTTT!!! I'm sure most of you summer outside exercisers can relate....heat exhaustion can be in full force this summer if you don't watch it.
In fact, Steven and I ran this morning and the farthest I've been since Isaac was born. A simple 4 miles, but the farthest to me just the same. I kept asking myself why we were doing this on one of the hottest days and the most humid days of the season, but I couldn't think too long due to my sorry breathing hyperventilations. :) The worst part was everytime I said something to Steven he would respond with "Whatcha say?"...I was like "You want me to repeat what I just said!?? I can barely breath, let alone REPEAT sentences!!" You don't want to mess with me if I'm tired, hot, and sweaty.:)
Unless your a cute, smiley little boy, then you can mess with me all you want.
Where oh where has my summer gone? My favorite season is drawing to a close much too quickly and I have to fight off the somberness of it all. I will not miss the unbearable heat. I won't even miss the humidity. But I will miss the glorious sunshine and lazy summer days...
Steven is counting down the days until football season, as most guys in the south are. He is constantly patrolling sports websites and rivals.com. But I let him. I know he finds joy in the anticipation of it all as I find joy in my relaxing summer.
And last but not least a posting of Isaac's 18 month stats so I won't forget them.
I guess I could write it down in his baby book, but that's for people with type A personalities.
hehe. I'm the opposite of that. However, I've been impressed with myself thus far for keeping the stats going.
Weight: 27 pounds (70%)
Height: 33.10 (75%)
I'll be back soon to post a delicious key lime pie recipe. What's summer without a yummy keylime pie anyway!!?
Enjoy your last summer days everyone...






2 comments:
Kimmie, your pictures are so cute! Isaac looks like so much fun! He and Trent had the same stats at their 18 month check-ups!! Is Isaac outgrowing all of his clothes? Trent is in almost all 2T now- it's crazy!
So glad ya'll had fun!!! Love the pictures. REALLY wish we could have been there with ya'll! :)
Post a Comment