Friday, August 20, 2010

making the most of moss...again




I've been feeling crafty lately. It comes and goes with me...the craftiness feeling that is. However, I've gotten my fix this week so I predict my next crafty obsession will be somewhere around October...




Remember how much I love moss? I love it for multiple reasons really. It's perfect for adding a little greenery around the house and let's face it, moss is cheap as dirt.



This time my craft project only took me about 20 minutes (a tad different than bluebird cupcakes...thank goodness)--Quick and easy. Not to mention, cost me hardly anything (*hobby lobby has their greenery 50% off right now).






What you'll need:



  • small styrofoam balls: $3
  • a bag of your favorite colored moss: $2.50
  • container: I didn't have any so I opted for three glass votives from Wally World, $1 each.
  • hot glue gun: priceless



And voila, your done. It's that simple.







What did little buddy do while I was making them?


You could find him reading quietly in his room...





Man, if this is all it takes maybe I should make moss balls more often. ;)




But no worries, he was back to his rambunctious self in no time.






Oh, and in case you were wondering if he still likes to munch on rabbit's feet...





He does.

2 comments:

Sarah Beth said...

Love the moss balls...but I really love those shelves!!! Where did you get those?

Carol Sprayberry said...

I just love my crafty daughter-in-law. Thanks for sprinkling into your craft ideas adorable pictures of our little man.