Wednesday, January 05, 2011

More Christmas, New Years resolutions, and 18 weeks


Here are a few more Christmas pictures at my parents house to end the season with.  I find January and February so depressing because 1. Christmas is over and 2. It's dark, dreary, cold, and yucky....so the more Christmas pictures the better to lift my spirits...


Crosby family portrait.  It sure is hard to get everyone looking at the camera and eyes opened at the same time.



We finished off the day after Christmas with a few things here and there.
We played with the puppy...


We of course did more Wii Dance.  duh.


We had fun with Daddy.


And we read books with Pop Pop.



Here's the shutterfly Christmas card we created this year and sent out (FREE, I might add).  Next year, I'm definitely going to have to get more than 50.  Sorry if we left anyone out!


Once January 1st hit I knew I needed some type of goal, or resolution as they call it, to fill my time.  As I stated before, January and February can be a hard time for me.  I don't do well with dreary and cold.  I like happy and sunny. :)  Last year my "resolution" was to get more in shape (as is every one's in America).  I didn't necessarily want to lose weight, just get more toned...especially after having a baby.  So, I set out to lift weights and run more and thankfully succeeded in my venture.

This year, since the working out thing is a little hard with a preggo belly and all, I've decided to come up with a new goal.  And a much needed one I might add...  You see, I'm not the cleanest person ever.  No, I don't mean my body or my clothes..I'm talking about picking up around the house and such.  It's not like our house is always a disaster zone but it's been hard for me to keep it nice and neat with a toddler boy running around.  And let's face it, my motivation is lacking anyway.  Always has been.
So...this year I'm determined to do better!  Be more organized and keep my house cleaner!  I've already set up a schedule on the trusty fridge telling me what area of the house to focus on each day.  And I must say, it's worked so far.  It's only be three days...but hey, it's worked. ;)  I'll let you know how it turns out.  I just thought I really need to get in the habit of organization and cleanliness before that new baby arrives.

Here I am on my first day of cleaning...


I've also been determined to keep up the exercises, even with the new belly.  I'm continuing my running (well, definitely more like slow jogging) and it's gone really well.  That is until 15-20 minutes in and then I have to stop off and pee.  I mean seriously, how can a small grapefruit bounce on your bladder so badly after 5 minutes that you have to urinate...even if you just did 10 minutes ago?  I'm also determined to keep up the weight lifting.  I only lift 5 pounds on each arm...just to play it safe.

Here is a picture Steven captured of me lifting...


Okay, okay...so my belly is not THAT big.  But, it's getting there.  I heard the belly pops out faster with the second and boy did I hear right.  It's a poppin'.  I am now 18 weeks and can feel the baby move quite often.  I forgot what a sweet feeling that is.  I actually started feeling the little guy/girl around 15 weeks or so...so much earlier than with Isaac.  I also hear you can feel the second baby move faster, and "they" are obviously right.

I'm feeling much better these days into my second trimester.  Much more energy, thank the Lord.  I go in for my "finding out the sex" ultrasound in three weeks or so.  I'm looking forward to seeing how much the baby has grown.
HOWEVER, we are not going to peek down below, if you know what I mean.  Steven and I want to keep this baby a surprise until he/she pops out in June.  And we are thrilled with the decision.  So far it's been a whole lot easier than I expected.  With a toddler running around I don't have time to think about it really.  A doctor once told Steven that keeping your baby's sex a secret until birth is truly the last surprise you get on earth.  And one of the biggest surprises you will ever get!  We are definitely excited about our new addition...but am THANKFUL that it's not until June. ;)

Happy New Year Folks!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I must say you look so adorable cleaning and so buff with the belly!(:
I'm on the cleaning/organizing kick too! Let me know how your list/schedule goes..maybe I should try that

The Nix Fam said...

Kimmie! Had no idea you were pregnant...congratulations! Enjoying catching up on your blog...happy new year to the Spray's!

stella crosby said...

miss you. enjoyed last week even though it was quick. Give little bit a hug from Coco. I love the cleaning lady shot. Its looks just like I did when you all were growing up. 0: