Thursday, May 03, 2012

Sprayberry on Safari

Before I let this get completely behind me here are a few pictures from Steven's trip to Kenya.  I thought I would start with the safari pics first because after all, I've got to stay true to my blog name.
If I could only get the hubs to write this blog post I'm sure it would be much more detailed, but alas, he refuses.  Don't let him fool you, he's a great writer.  A much better one than me.

Steven went on the safari the second weekend he was in Africa along with his friend Andrew, my dad, and my dad's two doctor friends from Auburn.  Most of these pics are from Andrew's camera as Steven only took his iPhone and his flip camera.

So without further ado...oh wait, if you would excuse me for a moment................

Okay I'm back.  I had to rescue bunny stuck on Isaac's ceiling fan.  That poor bunny.  But I will admit, we both cracked up when it came flinging off once I turned the fan on high.

Sorry my ADHD is kicking in.  Now, where were we.  Oh yes, the safari pics....





Here are a few pics that Steven took of their humble abode at the safari park.  By the looks of it, I can't imagine they were roughing it.





Now on to their first game drive of the day...



Throughout our marriage Steven has joked with me constantly on my own safari experiences in the past.  He began to call me the "safari snob."  All because this one time I didn't want to go on the safari ride at Busch Gardens because I said it was a joke compared to a real safari (plus I was nauseous from riding roller coasters, but that's another story).  Okay, so maybe I was.  From then on I was deemed the safari snob in his eyes.


When Steven returned home he said, and I quote, "Okay, I have to admit it. I'm a safari snob now too.  You were right, NOTHING compares with a real one."  I guess now we can be safari snobs together....don't worry, we'll only be snobbish to our kids and maybe refuse them a chance to go on a Disney Animal Kingdom ride or something.  Oh, I'm just playin' with you folks.  We aren't that mean.  Snobby, but certainly not mean.;)






The guys were even allowed to stand a stone's throw away from two endangered rhinos.

Steven said they weren't that scared...just a little scared.






I'm sure he would tell you that the best part about his safari adventure was watching a cheetah run after a wildebeest and take it down.  My dad has been on about ten safari's in Africa and has never witnessed something like this.  Super rare.  So I'm so glad Steven got the chance!

Here's the cheetah with his kill.


Pretty amazing and sad at the same time.

My dad wrote a blog during his time on the trip and wrote a very descriptive post regarding the safari and the kill of the cheetah.  You can click on this link if interested.

  





The whole safari gang...






I'm sure Steven would tell you that this was an experience of a lifetime.  To see God's gorgeous creatures in their wild habitat is something to be treasured.

I was going to leave you with a few videos that Steven took on his ride but my computer isn't downloading them for some reason. Maybe it's for the best...he's not a professional you know and if you are prone to car sickness, sea sickness, roller coaster sickness, air sickness, or just any event that would disturb the balance of your inner ear than you may not want to watch.  Ahem, I'm not talking about me or anything (gag).

I'll try to download them again later anyway.

I hope you've enjoyed these pictures as much as I enjoyed looking at them.  Isn't the Lord's creation AMAZING?!






1 comments:

Caroline Bobo said...

The Lord's creation is a amazing. I want to go on a safari now and be a snob with you!! haha! Great recap of that part of his trip!