We decided to celebrate her birthday party a week early due to the fact that my brother's wedding is this weekend so things will get pretty busy around here.
We celebrated our baby girl at a park close to our house. Besides the 90 degree heat it was the perfect weather for the occasion.
The party started at 5:30 on Friday evening and my mom came up early to help me decorate at 4:15...we probably should have given ourselves a little more time to decorate as we were rushed for time and sweating profusely. :) But we got it done in the nick of time with 5 minutes to spare...
Here are a "few" pictures....because let's face it, that's what you want to see anyway right.
These cookies took me forever. No really, forever. After the party Steven told me my cookies were excellent and then he asked shyly if I like the cupcakes. I hadn't tasted them that day. He told me "they weren't that good...a little too dry." Got to love husband honesty. ;)
Oh well, they looked pretty and hopefully the kids didn't mind.
We loved having our friends there to celebrate--we will miss everyone so much. We feasted on Taziki's for dinner. Speaking of missing friends...we'll miss Taziki's A LOT too. It's one of our favorite places to eat around here. Maybe I can convince them to come to Fairhope.
Savannah didn't know what to think of the cake and she only ate a few bites of icing. Maybe she won't have a major sweet tooth like her mama. One can only hope.
Isaac and his best bud were quick to the rescue and tried to convince her that cake was the best thing that one could ever taste...
But to no avail.
Then daddy had to step in...
Not half bad...
After cake we of course continued with picture taking...
Trying to get the kids to look the way of the camera seems hopeless these days. Oh, and trying to get Isaac to make a normal face is hopeless as well.
We love our little birthday girl so much and even though she's lived with us for only a year, we can't imagine life without her.
Happy Birthday Savannah Banana!




4 comments:
what an adorable party! love the "sweet" theme. happy birthday pretty girl!
Cute party! I'm super impressed by your cookies and all of the decorations!
Great job planning and decorating the party little Mommy!! Looks perfect! I could eat both the cookies and the cupcakes right off the page! Happy 1st Bday Savannah!!
I am so sad we weren't able to be there. :( I'm going to miss that sweet face so much!!!!
Post a Comment