I've always been known to wait until the last minute--to do anything really...
I'm having this baby on Thursday (if all goes according to plan :) ) and I just finished washing all the baby clothes. I haven't even packed my own bag yet. We haven't put the packnplay in our bedroom like we need to or the crib in the guest/baby room. I still need to wash crib sheets, car seat pads, boppy covers...etc., etc...
My latest "last minute project" was to paint a cute little changing table I bought off craigslist a few weeks ago. And I waited until this weekend to even paint it.
Thankfully it wasn't that bad and I got to try a new paint that I've been wanting to use for a long time now.
Highly recommend folks.
Unfortunately you can't just find it anywhere but I was able to find a cute little antique store in Robertsdale (about 20 minutes away) that sold the stuff. Beware, it's not for the thrifty as the paint cost you a pretty penny...but it last forever so that's an upside.
Here's the changing table I bought for $50 on craigslist. I took the picture after all the drawers were off but you get the idea...
I even had a little helper on Saturday to make the time go by faster.
Wait, did I say helper?? I meant trouble maker...
Thankfully, the paint wasn't a trouble maker at all. With this paint you don't have to prime at all. Can I get a hallelujah from the choir? AND, all I had to do was one simple coat and I was able to get the exact look I wanted. I will warn you, this paint goes on kind of streaky like, but once it dries it doesn't look it really.
And the wax...you must buy the wax too. It creates such a beautiful finish and gives the piece a little softness.
Here's the color I used (duck egg) and my almost finished product...
Of course a little help from the hubs on the waxing didn't hurt a bit.
Now the waxing finished, the drawers back in, and a few knob changes...and VOILA...looks like new.
It's a cute little thing.
I'll definitely be using this chalk paint again--I can't say enough about it really.
Maybe I wait until the last minute to do baby stuff because I'm too distracted by other things.
I made this little wreath for my front door the other day. As you can see, super easy. Plus, isn't this the cutest burlap ribbon? Hobby Lobby people.
Add some pumpkins and the front door now looks somewhat fallish.
One little girl wants to show you her favorite pumpkin...
We've been enjoying this nice weather. We play outside almost every afternoon.
Who's the greatest big brother ever???
Yep. This crazy boy.
And we can't wait to add to this crazy bunch! Thankfully I do have all their shirts waiting and ready to go...
Still can't believe I'm looking at three of them. Wow, that was fast. ;)
I can't finish this post without telling you about my wonderful baby shower my sweet Fairhope friends threw me last week. I feel so blessed that I've made these friends and it has definitely made the process of moving to a new town so much easier.
This new little girl is set with the cutest little things now.
Speaking of new little girl...I'll try to post the name and a fabulous picture of my ginormous belly before Thursday hits. Funny story--I went to Home Depot yesterday to get something last minute (of course) and the cute black girl checking me out asked when I was due with the baby and she said, "Girrrrl, you don't look like you about to have this baby." I said, wait, let me turn to the side for you. "No, I don't believe it (as I turn to the side)...Oh, UH HUH, yeah, you ready." If only you could hear me do the impression it's so much better. But yes, from the side this little girl looks quite large. :)
Three more days...




6 comments:
What a tease!!!
The changing table looks great! Don't you just love the chalk paint?! Also, that burlap ribbon is tooooooo cute. Checking the Hob tomorrow for some of that:)! Hope everything goes smoothly Thursday!
-the comment about your belly is great...I only wish I could hear your re-enactment in person!
-SO completely wonderful that your new friends gave you a shower....I love how y'all have jumped right in! (of course they are not replacing us....but I mean if we can't be there...I'm happy for you....hehe)
- Savannah is looking so big! wow!
- been wanting to try that chalk paint! your changing table turned out great!
- lot's of love and hugs!! xoxoxo
Is that Sally Barnes in this pic? That is fun that y'all are friends. :) Love the changing table!!
First off, changing table looks super cute! I have been dying to use that paint but haven't found the time yet (as I type with one hand, other holding wiggly baby). Second, thank you for posting that wreath! I've been looking for something fallish that will go on an aqua door and I've found it! I also have all of that except for ribbon on hand! Yea! Praying for a smooth everything for you in the next few weeks!
A) yay for a new baby on Thursday!!
B) the mamma in me wanted so badly to kill what looks like a mosquito on savannah's little arm in the "helper" picture.
C) i could totally hear you re-enacting that story- word. for. word!
D) I never, repeat, never had to turn sideways for someone to know I was about to have a baby. I looked pregnant coming and going!! :)
E) love you guys!!!
Post a Comment