Sunday, October 21, 2012

Thankful




My mom stayed with us for a week after Lillian's birth, like she has for each of my babies.

Here she is with her very first grandbaby, Isaac.


And then the second, Savannah...



She left on Thursday and we both cried.

Honestly, there's not enough words for how thankful I am for my mother's help during these precious, but overwhelming times in my life.  I could not do it without her.  I know not everyone has such a blessing after the birth of a baby so I definitely don't take her help for granted.

I have been especially overwhelmed this time around, as I already have two little ones at home.  Plus, Savannah's age difference of 16 months doesn't help my sanity either.  However, remembering how my mother raised us, 5 kids relatively close in age, gives me hope.  She taught me that you don't have to be the perfect mother and have it all together every second of every day...but all you need is to love your children, and love them well.

I will be forever grateful for the cooking, cleaning, laundry doing, middle of the night rocking, and entertaining the older two kiddos throughout the week.

So, THANK YOU Mom/Coco!!!



I am so very grateful.

4 comments:

stella crosby said...

Such a sweet blog Kimmie. I wouldn't have missed any of these special moments with all of you. I miss those babies. ( and my big baby). Love you!!

The Brannens said...

Amen, amen and amen! Glad you have survived the first week as a mom of three. That's a big accomplishment and I'm a little nervous about it. I am scheduled for my c-section Thursday morning so hopefully I'll survive the next week!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Oh I cried so hard when my mom left after I had the third baby! Don't know why that one was so hard for me. Maybe because mine were so close too. I was so overwhelmed! When she left after AM, I was totally fine. So funny how emotions can be so different! I hope you are settling into life with 3!

Sandra White said...

Love this tribute to your Mom! As a grandmother, I know she loved every minute.
Continuing to pray for "good days" for you and your family.