Friday, September 10, 2010

Big Feet = Velcro



Gone are the days (for now) of cute little lace up shoes. I took little buddy to the shoe store today and found his foot has grown two sizes in the past five months. Not too shocking for a growing child of course, but not the news I wanted to hear at the moment. You see, I came to buy adorable colored lace up keds. However, I got worried when the lady doing his measurments looked as if she wanted to say "are you nuts?" when I asked about the cute little shoes. She assured me (in a nice way of course) that I can throw that idea out the window. This fat foot of his will only take velcro and an extra wide shoe size at that.

We ended up settling on some stride rites and (thankfully) some Keds too...but just the velcro kind.



So, here's to two sizes bigger (size 8) little buddy!




And really BIG big toes. :)




(feel free to overlook his dirty footsies :) )

I assured him that no one would notice his whopping shoe size this fall, but only his cute face.




We hope everyone enjoys their last summer days of barefootness...



We sure are.

1 comments:

Carol Sprayberry said...

Kimmie
I love those big, dirty feet!!! That post was just too cute. From all indications his wide base will produce a young man of great stature.