Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Lately Part 2




Three sewing classes down and one to go. So, does this mean I'm on my way to being an award winning seamstress? Hardly.


As of now I despise the people who say "sewing is so relaxing." Um yeah, if you call a knot in your shoulder blade area and tense body muscles for two hours relaxing I might have to change my domestic aspirations. Hopefully once I get used to it I'll feel more relaxed... Am I right all you sewing women? If not, just lie to me okay.

Here's what the romper looks like now...




Here's what it will look more like in the future...




Remember it will be reversable.





I even had a friend monogram the brown gingham side for an added touch of boyish cuteness.





Speaking of cute baby clothes...


Like I told you in my last post, my friend Lauren gave birth to a beautiful, healthy, baby boy last weekend. I couldn't get enough of holding this sweet bundle of joy. Take a look at how precious this little guy is...









I could just eat him up I tell ya.




Lauren, of course, looked fantastic and will be a superb mommy.





Speaking of babies, let's talk about really small animals for a sec.

We've had a problem with grubby little mice getting into our garage lately (yucky) so the bug people were kind enough to give us an easy solution. Mr. Bug Man gave us a few sticky pads to lay on the floor...we've already caught plenty of bugs and one mouse (ahem...rat). Disgusting much?


However, the other morning I noticed a different creature gracing our presence with his stuckness.

**If your not a fan of creepy crawlies or things that make hissing noises you may want to avoid the next picture.


Here's the beauty we caught...





I know he's not the biggest snake in the world...but seriously, just having one in my garage makes me squirm. Steven claimed it was poisonous too due to the arrow like head. Hopefully, mother snake is not too close by.


You better believe I'll be watching these bare footsies a little closer from now on.



Speaking of catching things...


I'm catching a flight this weekend.


On Saturday you can find me on this...




Bound for here...


With him...


To visit her...




It should be delightful sister and brother bonding all around. :)
And of course you can bet I'll take the trusty Canon with me...

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Kimmie I love reading your blog...just makes me smile(: so fun your getting to go see Carla! I hope y'all have a blast! And your doing great on your sewing...that is such a cute outfit...and yikes on the snakes!

Whitney said...

Cracking up about your sewing comments! Today I asked Bryant to watch Miller for a few minutes while I "just finished two seems". 45 minutest later - no seems, only a jammed machine!! I feel your pain ;) And - I just bought that same fabric you are using for a romper (the one with the trees and cars) So cute!