Monday, August 29, 2011
The Beach--Day 1
The beach. Just saying those two words brings such relaxation to my soul. I'm definitely a beach girl...doesn't mean I don't love the mountains just as much, it's just a different kind of love.
Last Monday, the kids and I joined my mom and sister Katie for a ride down to Panama City Beach. My parent's place is on the quieter side of PCB so no clubs and bead throwing for us. Thank goodness. :) I just love going to the beach in late August/September. You won't find many people on the beach and quite honestly, that's the way I like it. It doesn't mean it wasn't severely hot outside though. We did manage to have a slight breeze blowing on the beach and the water was the perfect temperature for cooling off so no complaining here.
I will say this however. Vacations sure are different with a 2.5 month old! We were there for almost a week but seeing my skin you would never have known it. Laying out is not on the agenda when you are constantly nursing and watching babies. I did have my parents and sister there to help so that was wonderful and Steven was finally able to join us on Thursday.
It was also interesting having the two kiddos in the same room together. If one woke, the second was soon to follow. But we did it and I would say they enjoyed themselves by the looks of it.
I'm not sure if I've told you this already, but it takes Isaac a good while to warm up to things. Including the sand and surf. He didn't want to set foot in the ocean that first day (maybe due to a few shark week episodes...oops) and the sun was beating down so hard without a breeze...it made for a VERY grumpy two year old.
Needless to say, I wasn't pulling my camera out that first morning on the sand. I was too busy wrestling him and Savannah was super hot. We settled on the pool with Pop Pop.
And then things went downhill after this picture.
I told my dad to throw him and apparently Isaac doesn't like to be dunked underwater when he's grumpy. Who knew.
This little girl enjoyed the nice shade poolside and we were able to feel a little breeze.
She was a TROOPER this whole week!!
That night we ate out at one of our favorite restaurants and then took a walk on the Pier at Pier Park. It was a beautiful night!
Isaac loved having some DD time. He started calling my sister Katie, DD, when he was younger and it stuck.
We couldn't pass up photo ops with CoCo and PopPop either!
Even if someone was still grumpy from that morning.
We told him "hey, the beach really IS fun!" and that helped substantially.
That and PopPop was making funny faces behind my camera.
We can't forget about Itty either. She was sweet as pie strolling in her seat.
It's always difficult when you are always the one taking pictures. You are never in any pictures! Plus people unfamiliar with SLR cameras don't know how to focus it just right and such.
However, I was pretty impressed with my sister's night time shooting skills. Isaac could have been looking at the camera but hey, you will take what you can get!
All in all, Day 1 at the beach was a bright success!
Stay tuned for more days to come....

Posted by
Kimmie
at
1:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment