Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Last One


The last of the Crosby kids left the roost yesterday.  For those who don't know, I am one of those Crosby kids...just with a new last name thanks to a little thing called marriage.

Our youngest sister, Camille, moved into Tutweiler yesterday at the University of Alabama.  I'm sure my parents are wondering what they did wrong in their past life as only one of their children out of five went to their beloved Auburn University.
My older and middle sister went to Ole Miss.  I, Alabama.  My brother, Auburn.  And now Camille, Alabama.  I couldn't be more proud of her.



Steven and I went to help her move into the dorm yesterday morning with the two kiddos in tow.  Oh yes, we took the kids.  It wasn't as wild and crazy as I thought it would be.  Isaac did quite well and Savannah perfected her sleeping.

Here we are on Camille's floor.


That double stroller has been worth the money people!


It felt so strange being back there eleven years later.  ELEVEN!!  What on earth!  In fact, my confidence level significantly dropped when freshman girls responded with "yes mam" to all my questions.  Seriously?  Ah yes...I guess the past comes back to haunt you.  I know girls, I remember thinking that thirty year old women looked super old too.  But I'm NOT thirty, I wanted to shout!!  I'm 29!  See, I'm still hip and in my twenties.  It doesn't matter that I was soon hitting puberty when you were coming out of your mother's womb...

Okay, enough ranting and raving.  I'm only half kidding.

I was able to help put Camille's bedding together.  I thought it turned out nicely.

And that's when I thought to myself.  Hmmm...last time I was here I had a ginormous desktop in the corner, we downloaded all our songs from Napster, my portable CD player was ready for jogging, American Idol wouldn't even make it's debut until two years later, and I had my MC Hammer pants stored and ready.  Okay, maybe MC Hammer pants were not in my closet...that was thankfully before my college time.

I do have many many good memories from my time in good old Tutweiler dorm.



Camille starts rush tomorrow.  I'm excited to see how everything goes. 

Oh Camilla, do I need to remind you of this picture??

Hehe, I'm only kidding. 



5 comments:

Carol Sprayberry said...

Oh my goodness, how exciting!!! I still remember when I moved in to Tutwiler and then when Kelly moved in. Such great memories!

Lauren said...

Ha Love it! What fun memories...I can't believe it was eleven years ago. Time flies!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Her bedding is so cute and the rooms at Tutwiler do look a bit different:). So glad she is here and can't wait to hear how rush goes for her!!!!

The Reeds said...

Fun!! I remember rushing you! She will be a great Alpha Chi:)

Kelly said...

Good ole Tut! That cup looks nice in her hands!!! :)