Monday, August 22, 2011

Bid Day



If you're wondering what my little sister Camille pledged at Alabama ...wonder no more!

Drum roll please.

She is now an official......




Alpha Chi Omega!!!!




The very same sorority as ME and at the same school as ME!  I guess that makes us double the sisters...



I'm so excited for her.  She had us all sweating bullets there for a little while not knowing which one she would  choose.  But in the end, I think she made a wise decision.  Duh.

At 10:30 that morning all the girls going through rush met in the stadium to be handed their bid.  Once they received it they ran to their chosen sorority in the bottom of the stadium ready to run out to the sorority houses.  We stood at the Alpha Chi house waiting for her.  The only downside to the entire day was the fact that it was hot.  And I don't just mean a little sweat on the upper lip hot...the weather man said it should feel like 101 degrees that day.  And don't worry, it did.  We were burning!

Camille invited two of her good friends from Auburn and her boyfriend to join my mom and sister.


I didn't get a picture of Camille running to us because there were mobs of girls running everywhere.  But I did steal a picture from the Tuscaloosa News.


Here are a few more stolen pictures of the girls inside the stadium...




When she and the other pledges arrived at the house there were high pitched girly screams heard everywhere.



There she is, at the very end on the left.


She will LOVE having a house!


Sorority girls in the fam.  Mom was a Zeta and Katie a Delta Gamma (we missed Carla who was also a DG) so I guess sorority life is in Camille's blood. :) 


My sister in law Kelly also joined us!  She, of course, was an Alpha Chi. :)



I am so excited for you Camille!!!!  Just be sure you don't talk about it with Steven any time soon.  He likes to think of himself as an Alpha Chi expert.  He even knows the password and all.  Shhh... pretend I didn't just say that...I didn't tell!

Have FUN!



Work it.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

yay!!!!!!!! what memories that brings back! I hope she loves it as much as we did!!!

The Reeds said...

Woohoo! She is such a CUTE Alpha Chi!! I can't believe it's been so long since we were all there! I bet it will be so fun to hear how different things are now. I know the house is a lot nicer:)

Caroline Bobo said...

That is so fun ya'll can share the same sorority!! Will be fun for you to hear all her stories!!

Kristin Coppock said...

Yea. She is a pledge sister with two of my girls. One that I am very close to. Tell her to meet Katie Keller from mtn brook.

Kelly said...

Such a fun day! Still so excited about our newest AXO!!! :)