Friday, January 02, 2009

35 weeks and the nursery

Here are a few pics for the nursery in progress. Don't forget the "in progress" part! My mom reminded me that I have not taken many pictures of myself while pregnant so I set up the camera tonight after taking some nursery pictures and tried to take a few. I am feeling pretty good these days besides the constant head butting to my bladder and the occasional shooting knife pains to my bladder area. I have to pee every five seconds I feel...I guess it's because I'm carrying him so low. I had an exam this past week and my doctor said that the cervix is softening so we will see if there is any progression this next week. hopefully not too much. I still have so much to do!

So, the nursery is almost finished. I am waiting on these letters to come in that I ordered for Isaac's name above the crib. I am going to paint them myself so we will see how it goes. The only other things I need is a white duvet cover for the twin bed in the room and then it should be pretty much completed. I wish I could have painted but we will only be in this apartment four more months after Isaac is born so I didn't really feel the need to go to all that trouble.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year!



Me at 35.5 weeks



My crib that I LOVE and the new bedding. It doesn't show up too good in pictures.



The curtains that I just finished making.



I just noticed that the beatrix potter pictures are hanging lopsided. haha. will fix that.:)






















7 comments:

Matt and Naomi O'Reilly said...

The nursery looks adorable! You did a great job on the curtains...so cute! I enjoyed seeing you over Christmas!!

Graham said...

It looks great and so do you. having a baby is so fun.

Ashlei

TBG said...

Kimmie I love the nursery and your precious big belly!!! You did a great job (on both haha).

Ashley said...

your giving me hope that a boy nursery can be cute...I have all these ideas for a girl but am drawing a blank for a boy! You did a great job! And you look great as always! Let's get some good hang out time before that baby pops out and you have to hiberate for a while!(:

Unknown said...

Kimmie! This all looks amazing... you know I LOVE the monogrammed stuff. Yeah for you for making your curtains!

Jason and Laura Brantley said...

LOVE IT! Can't wait to see you soon!

The Burgess Family said...

My doctor told me he thought I'd deliver early and I was two days late. Not sure if that brings you comfort or fear. I'm hoping comfort! You'll be a great mom Kimmie. You just learn as you go.