Do you remember this little guy?
If not check HERE.
Sweet Bunny has seen a lot in his two short years of living with us. Or should I say long years. Yes, I'm sure they feel quite long to him.
As you may remember in postings past, Bunny has been through many trials...mostly involving his left foot and the torture it receives from the love of one certain toddler. First the fur started coming off, then slowly the stitching became thinner. Months ago I started realizing small white beads around my house and finally noticed it was coming from bunny's foot due to a small hole Isaac had rubbed through. I've already sewn up his foot twice now. Hey, who says there can be only one doctor in this house!
I've often asked Bunny if he minds his life at all.
Like, does it hurt when he rubs your foot?
Do you mind being squished Isaac's tummy while you sleep?
Do you sleep?
Why do you stink so bad?
Surprisingly he doesn't answer me. Just stares back with those black beady eyes. He reminds me of the Velveteen Rabbit sometimes...
Well, to get to the point here...I think Bunny will have to take part in major surgery soon. His foot may have to be amputated.
I walked into Isaac's room tonight to cover him--it is 10 o'clock here mind you.
I walk in and immediately see this....
Hmmm...why is bunny hanging from the lamp?
Isaac! You're still up! Why is bunny hanging from the lamp!!?
Bunny, you've lived a good, long life haven't you...
Oh Bunny Bunny Bunny. I'm so sorry I dragged you into this. I didn't know it would turn out this way, I swear.
Hey, it could be worse. You could be sitting quietly on a shelf at some kids house forgotten and unloved.
Oh wait, that sounds a little better doesn't it...




2 comments:
This post is hysterical!!!
Oh bunny... You are dearly loved! Hilarious!
Post a Comment