The kids and I went on a fast trip to Tuscaloosa this past Saturday to visit my grandmother, Meme. She was there visiting her brother who lives in Alberta City (right beside Tuscaloosa). I can still remember visiting my Uncle Darrell my freshman year of college--he would cook me an entire southern home cooked meal. His house was surrounded by beautiful oak trees including the entire neighborhood. The key word here is was. Alberta City was one of the hardest hit areas during the April 27th tornado so I was completely shocked to see his neighborhood today.
Unbelievable...
Uncle Darrell told me this looked really good compared to what it did look like.
Now the view from his front porch. I wish I had before pictures. That neighborhood up on the hill was one of the hardest hit, Darrell said. Tons of people living in trailers and new homes were killed.
My Uncle's backyard. It used to be shaded by giant oak trees...
Now he can see DCH Medical Center from his house.
Crazy.
Despite the heartbreak from the tornado aftermath we enjoyed seeing our Meme!!! She was able to finally meet Savannah.
Of course Isaac had to join in on the Meme love...
Darrell enjoyed Savannah as well.
And she him...
We loved seeing you both!! We will come visit you soon Meme in Jackson. Let's just tell the tornadoes to not follow us there this time. :)




0 comments:
Post a Comment