Thursday, January 10, 2013

2012 Year in review

Yeah, I know.  I didn't update the blog yesterday, Steven has already reminded me. :)
I didn't forget you know.  I FINALLY sat down around 9 p.m. last night and quite frankly, the last thing I wanted to do was work on the blog.

But I think you'll forgive me because I finally finished our year in review.  It's worth a month of blogging as far as I'm concerned

This was quite a full year for our family and looking back it amazes me how much we experienced--good and bad.

I'll let the review tell the rest...

HAPPY NEW YEAR friends!


JANUARY


We enjoyed yet another National Championship win with fellow friends and alums, Isaac celebrated his third birthday at the McWane Center and didn't know what to think of all the attention, and Vannah girl began sitting up.


FEBRUARY


Savannah began scooting/crawling, we found out we were pregnant, and Steven left us to go to Africa for a month.


MARCH


Steven lived in Africa, the kids and I traveled to see Meme, and Steven finally came home at the end of the month.

APRIL


April brought many play times in the backyard, and we celebrated Easter in Sylacauga.


MAY


I began to "show" with Lillian, Isaac said goodbye to Briarwood MDO, we enjoyed Memorial Day at the lake, and our beloved Major left us forever.


JUNE


My brother got married, Savannah Bannah turned ONE, Steven graduated from residency, and we packed up our house and moved to Fairhope.


JULY


We celebrated the 4th overlooking Mobile Bay, Savannah walked for the first time, a trip to the lake was made, and we toured the USS Alabama with our cousins.


AUGUST


Steven and I traveled to Pasadena, CA to visit my sister, Steven surfed the Pacific Ocean in San Diego, Isaac played with his best buddy Ryder (although technically I think it was July), we enjoyed the beach with CoCo, and Steven and I celebrated our 8th anniversary in California.



SEPTEMBER




We enjoyed a nice lazy month in anticipation for Lillian's arrival.  Walks on the pier and trips to the park were a common occurrence.


OCTOBER


Our Lillian was born!!!!


NOVEMBER


Savannah slowly became okay with a new baby in the house, Lillian began growing chubby cheeks, the Sprayberry clan came to visit, and a friend took our Christmas card picture down by the bay.


DECEMBER


We scared Santa half to death, Isaac helped me bake Christmas cookies, we traveled to Bellingrath Gardens to see lights with friends, Christmas was magical, and we ended the month traveling to see family.



Whew.  So, there in a nutshell was our year.  After creating this I've realized how much I left out...but I couldn't include my entire yearly photo album now could I?

God has been good to us, as He always has.  I'm always reminded of his faithfulness when I do these year in reviews.  Through the ups and downs of our life, our Savior is there.  

I look hopeful to 2013 and what this year will bring.

...Hopefully not another baby though. ;) ;) ;)








2 comments:

Carol Sprayberry said...

It is really hard to look back and believe that all happened in just one year!! Such memories . . . thank you for sharing them and preserving them in such a great way!
Love you all so much,
CC

The Nix Fam said...

wow, what a year! 2013 will be one of those years for us, and it is comforting to know He is the constant!
xoxo