Friday, January 11, 2013

3 months


Ah yes, how nice to see you 9 p.m.  This seems to be the only time I can sit down to update these days--the hours just seem to slip by ever so quickly.

I want to take better pictures of this precious 3 month old but alas, I forgot today.  Imagine that.  Me.  Forgetful.  So, the trusty iPhone will just have to do.

But I can't not post on her 3 month birthday!
 In a way it feels as though she's been with us forever, and then the next minute, as though we've just met.  I was looking back at my iPhone pictures last night and came across one that I had sent to Steven one night when he was working late and I was up with a screaming newborn that just wouldn't stop.  I sent him a picture of Lillian's red face as she was crying uncontrollably.  I saw that picture and just had to smile.  I smiled because for one, I am EXTREMELY glad we are past the colic screaming nights that haunted my every existence, but two, I've realized in the past month or so that Lillian's difficult newborn stage has made me fall in love with her and that time all the more.  I know what you're thinking...fall in love with the screaming newborn phase!!??  While I don't wish that phase on my worst enemy I wouldn't trade it for the world.  We learned a lot about each other, me and her, in just these few short months.  Maybe she showed me a picture of what my relationship is like with Christ--me, a screaming newborn that is dependent on the Father, and Christ, like a comforting mother that holds us tight and continues to fall in love with us even more despite our weakness.  Of course I love all my babies equally, but I told Steven the other day that I feel as though I have a special bond with this third one.  We've been through a lot together in just these 13 weeks. :)

Okay, I feel like I'm rambling.
Without further ado, here are a few phone pics of my little rascal as she was sitting with me before bedtime.

Life may be easier without this one in the mix, but I sure wouldn't want to go through life without her.




1 comments:

Carol Sprayberry said...

You are such an amazing mother. I am so blessed that you are Steven's and the mother of your precious babies! I love you Kimberly Dell!!