That's a Christmas tree made out of Lego's if you can't tell.
Steven was very proud of that one.
Well, it's 9:30 at night and I'm finally blogging. I'm very stubborn you see, and will go to great links to keep my word. ;)
We had a wonderful Christmas day! It was our second Christmas staying home on Christmas Eve and morning...and it was our very first Christmas to not see our family the entire day. As much as we love being with our family, this Christmas we so enjoyed being together here and not traveling anywhere that day. We were ready to start our own traditions with our new family of five and we loved every minute of it.
Isaac was such a fun age this year on Christmas morning. We all walked downstairs together, expect for little Lillian who was still in her crib sleeping away.
The night before Steven had to work so when he got home close to midnight we placed all the presents out in the living room ready for the kids in the morning.
Isaac was in childlike awe.
The very first thing out of his little toddler mouth was "Momma...this is amazin'."
It was so cute and thankfully, Steven got it on video.
He was quick to see the one thing he asked Santa for--blue railroad tracks.
He and Daddy had the track set up in no time.
Isaac was also so sweet with his little sister and loved showing Savannah what presents she had.
"Look Bannah, a baby doll!"
Vannah loved her baby doll.
Steven even enjoyed Vannah's doll. I kept telling him he had a living one upstairs that he could hold at any point in the morning.
Unfortunately there's no sleep for the weary when you have babies crawling on you...
Baby Lillian eventually woke up, was happily fed, and went right back to sleep. :)
I feel like a lot of these pictures are blurry but you get the idea of our fun morning. It was a special time with our little family.
Steven had to go to work right after lunch that day so we sadly said goodbye and I was home alone with three kiddos on Christmas day. Yes, yes, you can feel very sorry for me. ;)
Thankfully it really wasn't as depressing as I thought it would be. I'm so thankful for a husband who works hard for our family.
I wasn't alone for long because that night I loaded up the kids and we headed to a friend's house with five other families. I am so thankful for these friendships and it was so special sharing a Christmas dinner together.
I forgot to bring my camera but thanks to my friend Laura, I'm able to steal a few images from her lens. We ate a scrumptious dinner, talked, laughed, chased kids around, and ended the night with a fun game of dirty santa.
It was a great Christmas Day celebrating the birth of our precious Savior!
What did we do the day after you ask? Oh, we immediately took down our tree and decorations. I usually refuse to end my Christmas celebrations the day after, but this year I was ready to see it go. I never knew how much a giant nine foot Christmas tree would be in the way with three kids. :)







0 comments:
Post a Comment