Monday, June 27, 2011

All alone

Watch out Folks!  He's on the move!



There's no telling what this kid does when I sit down to nurse his sister.


This is the first day I've had to be by myself all day with the two kiddos.  I know, I know...I really don't have much to complain about seeing that Savannah is already 3.5 weeks old and I've had help until now.  But nonetheless, I have to start somewhere and this happened to be the day.

I'm happy to say we've survived so far. Of course it is only 4 o'clock and the day isn't over yet.  Not to mention I didn't venture out of the house once.  I'll leave that for another day.
There was only one time I found myself getting overwhelmed.  Around 1 o'clock when naps began one tired little boy was screaming in his bed (I had forgotten to give him his precious bunny and paci) and one hungry little girl was screaming in her bed.  I just had to stop and take a small breather.  First of many times I'm sure.

So far Isaac has been so sweet to Savannah.  Kissing her on the forehead every chance he can get.
Also making sure her paci is nice and comfortably placed.


Giving her wise toddler advice...


And always creeping up behind her to "touch head."

Or occasionally poke an eyeball.


Baby girl just goes with the flow...



The two are becoming fast friends, and even took their very first bath together!



Surprisingly Isaac didn't even mess with her once.  I'm predicting that will change in the future.


And speaking of Isaac and being a mess, his best bud came over for a visit this weekend.  I got some great pictures for their college dorm room.







Two peas in a pod I'd say.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Such cute pics!! I have had many of those moments with both screaming :)

stella crosby said...

I love this blog. you are the best writer and of course a wonderful mother to those two precious ones. Give them a kiss from Coco!

Carol Sprayberry said...

Absolutely wonderful, amazingly cute . . . You have captured everything I have missed not being with you and your babies this week. Cannot wait until Saturday!!! CC loves you all so much.