Saturday, June 25, 2011

My friend the duchess

A few days before giving birth to Savannah I received an unexpected surprise in the mail.  After walking outside to retrieve the mail himself, Steven came inside chuckling.

"What are you laughing about?"  I curiously asked.

No verbal response was needed.  He slowly walked over to me with an amused grin on his face and displayed the precious prize.






Yes, it is exactly what you were thinking wasn't it.  I thought the same.

Interesting (was my reaction), a picture of the lovely Kate Middleton...ahem I mean, Mrs. William Arthur Philip Louis...



I slowly turn the card over in my hand only to find this on the back!!
















I mean HOLY MOLY!  Sent to me by royal airmail from the UK itself!  I knew Kate was a famous blog stalker of mine, but seriously...Who knew I was such great friends with the princess herself!


So.  The moral of this story you ask?  

1. It pays to have a royal wedding day party
2. I knew using my fine china would come back to reward me
3. British people are nice
4. And maybe, just maybe, they will name their first child Kimberly.  Be it girl or boy.


So here's to you my dear Duchess of Cambridge.  I hear you are soon to be in the States.
Our door is open and my fine china is clean.  Oh, and we have an extra twin bed for you and you're new hubby to cuddle in.  It's in the baby's room.  You won't mind getting up with her at night will you?



I am forever grateful for my postcard.
It seriously made my day. ;)

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Hilarious!! I do believe this is katie mcdowell's handwriting...have you asked her yet? :-)