Saturday, January 07, 2012

Hodgepodge

My brain is often a hodgepodge of randomness.
So this post is dedicated to the randomness that surrounds my thoughts and going-ons over the last few days.

So, randomness #1.

Books.



  I've been reading this book I got for Christmas called Understanding Exposure.  Obviously it deals with photography and how to take the "correct" picture...if there really is such a thing.  I like the author, Bryan Peterson, I really do.  He makes it very easy to understand for a blonde like me.  And I appreciate that about him, because let's face it, understanding exposure isn't the easiest subject to master. 

Oh, it is for you?  Well, good for you.  Nope, no sarcasm here, none at all.

I often find myself putting the book down after three or four pages in fear that my brain will either explode or worse, I'll start punching at my camera yelling, I'll show YOU a correct exposure!! 
No, but seriously (even though I am being serious), the book has been good so far and taught me a great deal.  I highly recommend it.

2. Eye cream

I've started using eye cream.  Just in the last three days actually. I thought this was only for 40 year old women or older but I've found it's also needed for...say...29 year olds?  I've been noticing very dark circles under my eyes lately, deeper wrinkles, and drier skin--all in the name of having a second child and getting no sleep.  So I caved and went to Sephora with some Christmas money and found myself persuaded into buying this ridiculously expensive cream that you may have to trade your first born for.  I did offer the sales associate my dog to trade for the cream, but she only shook her head and said "children or dollar bills."  So I of course resorted to my dollar bills and called it a day.
But you know what, I have LOVED this cream and I've already been able to tell a difference.  Seriously, it's great.  And thankfully lasts a long time.
And truth be told, I haven't actually had to buy it yet because the lady gave me samples but I'll be buying it when it runs out.


3. Cleaning



I've had to resort to my last new years resolution and make a day-to-day list of rooms I need to clean.  I just get so behind.  Please tell me I'm not alone?


4. Working out



I've started running again.  Well, I only ran twice this week but at least I'm running again.
My goal is to start lifting weights again too but so far I've lacked the motivation.  If anyone has a great workout plan they love to follow I'm all ears.

5. iPhone





Steven surprised me with the iPhone for Christmas and now Siri and I are best pals...even though I've called her bad names a time or two.  I've enjoyed not having to lug around my big camera all the time.









6. Haircut

  I took Isaac to get a much needed haircut the other day at Sports Clips, at my husband's request nonetheless.  I should  have known it would turn out bad when the lady showed me a picture of her cute kid with a redneck haircut and said I can do it just like this.  I guess I wasn't watching close enough but what's done is done.
Here's the picture I texted to Steven after the cut and said "Great haircut, huh. There's not a huge chunk missing is there?"


It looks as though Isaac would agree with me.
Thankfully hair grows back, right?

2 comments:

Carol Sprayberry said...

Kimmie, you make me laugh!! You are good for the soul!!!!!

Ashley said...

love your randomness. I need to get re-motivated to blog. really liked your year in review. that would have taken me 6 hours.