We celebrated little buddy's 3 year old birthday party at the McWane Science Center on Saturday morning. We had a blast! It was the perfect place for a toddler party and the best part was the fact I didn't do anything. There's a party hostess, they provide the cake, paper products, juice boxes, ice cream, and goldfish all for you. Just the way I like it. Don't get me wrong, I like planning and decorating most of the time but this, this was glorious! :)
The only thing I regret is not pulling out our video camera when they began to sing the birthday song. In true Isaac fashion it was hilarious. As soon as the party hostess placed the cake in front of him, the lights were turned off, and Isaac immediately froze, staring into the burning candles with a look that crossed between embarrassment and terror. There was immediate laughter.
Thankfully his best buddy was sitting right next to him and offered to help blow out the candles. Isaac was too frozen to even attempt it.
That's what best buds are for anyway. To help us in our time of need.
It was a small affair with some cousins, church, and neighborhood friends. And the kids had no complaints of eating cake at ten in the morning. Nor did their parents.
We tried for a mommy/daddy pic with our boy but he refused to look at the camera.
We tried anyway.
After the party we explored the McWane Center a bit and Isaac settled on the water table. He stayed there until lunch.
It was a great party and the perfect way to celebrate our soon-to-be three year old. Friday is the actual day.
We love this boy and couldn't imagine our lives without him!
And here's a look at birthdays past...
They grow too fast don't they.





1 comments:
I could not wait to see the post and see his face ya'll were talking about! heehee! hysterical! Just as I pictured :) Great party! Good job parents!
Post a Comment